Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Super Charger Gasket

Corrolla18

Ok I want to ensure that I have a spare gasket for my compressors charger intake(part number:17376-YW501). TTE's website is no good as it states speak to your dealer. Dealer is no good as they state speak to Toyota. Does anybody know where I can get these gaskets - if it breaks when I'm checking the charger's oil then I'm knackered. I have spoken to my dealer and toyota UK who seem to have no idea what the tte compressor actually is :censor:

Thanks

Ok I want to ensure that I have a spare gasket for my compressors charger intake(part number:17376-YW501). TTE's website is no good as it states speak to your dealer. Dealer is no good as they state speak to Toyota. Does anybody know where I can get these gaskets - if it breaks when I'm checking the charger's oil then I'm knackered. I have spoken to my dealer and toyota UK who seem to have no idea what the tte compressor actually is :censor:

Thanks

you need the air intake gasket to supercharger,the parts are on a different section for the compressor the parts dept should know this.i will be checking mine soon so i will need the gasket aswell,i will get some from the dealer as spares so if you can't get one i should have a spare but i will defo have some. :thumbsup:

Have you tried Parts King??

Thanks

you need the air intake gasket to supercharger,the parts are on a different section for the compressor the parts dept should know this.i will be checking mine soon so i will need the gasket aswell,i will get some from the dealer as spares so if you can't get one i should have a spare but i will defo have some. :thumbsup:

When you say you will get the gasket from the dealer - has your dealer confirmed they will supply them? When I spoke to toyota UK they stated that they do not class the charger as a service item and so therefore do not stock spares for it. If you do manage to get one let me know :thumbsup:

I've not - how do I contact the parts king?

Thanks

When you say you will get the gasket from the dealer - has your dealer confirmed they will supply them? When I spoke to toyota UK they stated that they do not class the charger as a service item and so therefore do not stock spares for it. If you do manage to get one let me know :thumbsup:

will do i will get some,the dealer in warrington (bentley's)sorted my charger out last year so they know the score with them.i will check mine every 12 months now i know the oil disapears :censor:

I've not - how do I contact the parts king?

Parts King

Drop him a PM with your reg no. and what you're after... he's usually pretty good thumbsup.gif

He's like Batman, but instead of a bat signal you have to send him a PM :lol:

He's like Batman, but instead of a bat signal you have to send him a PM :lol:

batman.gif

:lol:

Thanks

my local toyota dealer had no clue about my compressor. not sure what planet the man who looked at the charger oil came from. 2 hours to tell me that the compressor oil was fine, his words "the charger uses the engine oil so you will be fine just keep it topped up" wtf!!!! complaint sent to head office and free service for me :yahoo: and not at the same toyota dealer

I get the impression that toyota commisioned these cars and then had no interest in their longevity. Toyota uk said that they do not class the charger as a service item, if it has a problem they replace the whole unit. For this reason do not stock any spares for it. They asked me who toyota gmbh were :angry:

To say that I am less than impressed with Toyota's service so far is an understatement.

I am thankfull that I am ok to work on my car without dealer assistance - if you had no facility/know how then I think it would be likely that the dealer would let you down.

You should be ok mate. I dismantled my charger other week to top the oil up, and the gasket stayed well and truly in place thanks to it being pressed down for so long. You don't even need to touch it or disturb it when filling the oil, so you should be ok.

You should be ok mate. I dismantled my charger other week to top the oil up, and the gasket stayed well and truly in place thanks to it being pressed down for so long. You don't even need to touch it or disturb it when filling the oil, so you should be ok.

Cheers but the parts king has come up trumps and says he can order the gasket for me so I have asked for 2 to be on the safe side :yahoo:

the original gasket is of a green rubbery sort of material, and the replacement one i was supplied with from toyota was like a cardboard material - i felt like cleaning the original one and using it again ffs, but my father strongly disagreed, and we used the new one. anyway, it's well worth checking the s/c oil every 6 months or so...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links