Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration Packs Aim To Replace Batteries For Gadgets

Raistlin

_48433853_48433854.jpg

A Japanese electronics firm has shown off a vibration-harvesting generator that could replace standard batteries.

The Vibration Energy Cell batteries deliver power after a vigorous shake

Brother Industries, better known for its line of printers, claims the devices could be used in place of AA or AAA batteries for some applications.

At an event in Tokyo, the firm showed the device powering a TV remote control, a remote switch for a lamp and an LED torch.

The mechanism works similarly to that of a bicycle light dynamo, only in this instance movement from a few shakes provides the energy to power.

"Our Vibration Energy Cells generate electricity using a coil, a magnet, and condenser that charges electricity. These are all embedded in the Battery," a Brother spokesman told BBC News."Because of its low output this type of cell is designed to be used for things such as TV remote controls and LED devices, which consume low power and do not consume electrical power continuously."

Energy shaker

The idea behind the technology is to remove the need for toxic rechargeable batteries and other disposable batteries that can harm the environment, said the company.

So far, two of the AA sized prototypes developed produce a voltage of 3.2V or lower, which is just enough to charge low power consumption device such as TV remote controls.

Despite the low power, Carl Telford an analyst at electronics business consultants Strategic Business Insights, says the batteries are a significant break through with much potential."It's great because they will work OK in a low-power application for AA batteries that one can shake without breaking; a remote control, for example," he told BBC News.

"Of its size, it is small, compact, and directly compatible with existing power sources. Brother says that it can produce enough power at reasonably low frequencies, around 4-8Hz - this is impressive.

"Walking with a device in your pocket would vibrate with a frequency of around 2Hz. You'd need to shake the remote quite briskly, but it would work."

Other researchers are also working on motion-generated and alternative power for gadgets and electronics in the hope of making them self-sufficient.

Swizz! :blink: :( I thought this was going to be an interesting article about Vibrators :ffs:

Still, they would be ideal for powering them :thumbsup: The stronger the orgasm, the better the charge :ermm::naughty:

From the type of web sites you visit, I'm sure they would overcharge.... eek.gif

From the type of web sites you visit, I'm sure they would overcharge.... eek.gif

Hmmmm !You seem to be well acquainted with the possibilities, too <_< You didn't have to ask me to explain :lol: You sent me most of the links anyway :sneaky2:

Why be overcharged when there are so many free ones about :eek:

Why would it be overcharged when I would use it so often... eek.gif

So true... laugh.gif

Why would it be overcharged when I would use it so often... eek.gif

So true... laugh.gif

Ban Raist :ffs: He has interfered with me......................posts again :lol2:

I was just saving bandwidth laugh.gif

Too late :blink: I've told the Mods that you should be bandwith the utmost haste :banned: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links