Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Us Bear Takes Short Ride In A Corolla And Leaves It Wrecked

Raistlin

_48477720_bearsap.jpg

A bear climbed into an empty car in the US state of Colorado, sounded the horn and sent the vehicle rolling down hill with the terrified animal still inside.

The car's owner, 17-year-old Ben Story, took a snap of the panic-stricken bear as it demolished the inside of his vehicle in its bid to escape.

Police in Larkspur, near Denver, eventually freed the animal by opening the door from a distance using a rope.

It is believed the bear was attracted by a sandwich left on the back seat.

Mr Story and his family were asleep when the bear opened the unlocked door of his 2008 Toyota Corolla in the early hours of the morning and climbed inside.

Mr Story's father, Ralph, said the bear must have hit the car's automatic transmission into neutral sending it rolling backwards 125ft (38m), off the driveway, down an embankment and into a thicket of trees.

"The four-way flashers were on. It's like he knew what was going on, and kept hitting the horn," he told Denver's 7News.

Once the car door closed behind the bear, it was trapped inside.

Ben Story said his car was wrecked.

"It [the bear] was a pretty good size, actually it was pretty big. If you look at the inside of the car, there's nothing left at all. You could see it moving around, it like took up the entire inside of the car."

The bear was last seen running into the woods.

Colorado wildlife expert Tyler Baskfield said bears often entered cars and houses in search of food.

"It happens all the time," he said. "They're very smart."

I bet that not eating your Sandwich & leaving it on the back seat, besides being unhygienic, isn't covered by Insurance. The car wasn't locked :lol:

Try fitting a Bear into an Aygo ? :sneaky2:

I'm afraid that you'd have to leave your bear behind! :blushing::disgust:

I heard you had cubs in your car or was it guides... eek.gif

I heard you had cubs in your car or was it guides... eek.gif

Sorry to scotch that rumour :unsure: Not a cub, only a Guide........and only an electronic one = a Satnav :lol: Less than the age of consent, but still legal :yahoo:

Are they available in the UK yet ? :rolleyes:

In England we know where we are going...

Onwards and upwards...

Trade in your Satnav for a modern one :wacko: Those are totally the wrong directions :rolleyes: The exact opposite is your destination :yahoo:

No you misunderstand, when I said I was going down it had nothing to do with a journey eek.gif

No you misunderstand, when I said I was going down it had nothing to do with a journey eek.gif

:blush: Oh dear :eek: It was a pleasure trip than :jawdrop: :lol2:

Only for her drool.gif

You consort with very rude Ladies :unsure: It is good manners to return the compliment :thumbsup:

I'm saving myself thumbsup.gif

From the stories I've heard, :eek: that is your only chance of being "Saved" & a pretty slim one at that :(

Its handy to know what to do in a crisis , sounding the horn and turning on the hazzard lights , looks like the grizzly knew the bear necessity's :lol:

From the stories I've heard, that is your only chance of being "Saved" & a pretty slim one at that :sneaky2: :lol2:

From the stories I've heard, that is your only chance of being "Saved" & a pretty slim one at that sneaky2.giflol.gif

Another duplicate, it wasn't that funny the first time...

From the stories I've heard, that is your only chance of being "Saved" & a pretty slim one at that sneaky2.giflol.gif

Another duplicate, it wasn't that funny the first time...

If at first you don't think you've succeeded.......... Give up :ffs:

Don't know what's wrong with me today :unsure: That's 2 posts I've made a bal..... :ermm: Bags of :crybaby:

Back to Topic:

It was found the bear had a dump on the back seat, the owner wasn't too depressed and was quoted as say" Well it is a Corolla, so it's increased the value"

Back to Topic:

It was found the bear had a dump on the back seat, the owner wasn't too depressed and was quoted as say" Well it is a Corolla, so it's increased the value"

Of course, everyone knows that :rolleyes: When well rubbed in & polished it preserves the seat covers & adds an extra lustre :thumbsup:

In a test on a Aygo, it was found that the Bear faeces filled the entire back & overflowed onto the driver who blended in well with it :spiteful: :lol2:

That's why he has Bear faced cheek...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links