Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Additive For T Sport

b1gpkr001

Hi all is it a good or bad idea to use oil additive that is Teflon base supposed to reduce engine wear.

Would it work with a t sport?

How about engine flush when changing oil?

Have seen on here that people have used the flush, as far as additive goes I wouldn't.

I have used wynns engine flush once without a problem. The only reason i did use it was because i didnt carry out an oil change for around 8k.

If you change your oil frequently there is no need for it really, i wouldnt make it a regular occurence to use engine additives. For the first time it could be good to get rid of build up but there after try doing shorter oil change intervals which should be much better for the engine.

Polydyn TX7 is something the stateside guys are using which is a very good additive to put in with the oil apparenty.

I have used wynns engine flush once without a problem. The only reason i did use it was because i didnt carry out an oil change for around 8k.

:eek: how long do you normally go before an oil change then bro, around 5000 miles? mine is diesel (potentially more build up in engine?) and i do oil change every 8/9/10K depending on when i have the chance to book in for service, do you recommend one shot with wynn's? ive seen it many times in Halfords, picked it up and read the instructions thinking i would do it one time but i never bothered. is it any good?

Definite no no to oil additives... modern oils are complex formulations and it's crazy to tip a bunch of chemicals into the mix. Problem with teflon etc is that any coating may not be uniform, and can cause more problems than it solves... and once it's in and bonded to metal it won't come out.

Fuel additives... maybe... when my TSport was dealer serviced they used to add forte (think that was the one) fuel additive. They advised a once every 6 or 12 month treatment had possible benefits.

:eek: how long do you normally go before an oil change then bro, around 5000 miles? mine is diesel (potentially more build up in engine?) and i do oil change every 8/9/10K depending on when i have the chance to book in for service, do you recommend one shot with wynn's? ive seen it many times in Halfords, picked it up and read the instructions thinking i would do it one time but i never bothered. is it any good?

Obviously the car is subject to hard driving sometimes so oil is one thing that i like to keep on top of, Usually a 4-5k change is the norm.

The wynns did help to remove some gunk but as mentioned i wouldn't use it often, if you keep ontop of oil changes then there is no need for it. If you want try it out for the first time and reduce your oil change interval there after then i would say use it :thumbsup:

'hard driving sometimes' lol ok i get you. think i'll try some at next service and then change my service interval to around 7 or 8k. with the amount of driving i do 4-5k oil changes would be unsustainable for me.

'hard driving sometimes' lol ok i get you. think i'll try some at next service and then change my service interval to around 7 or 8k. with the amount of driving i do 4-5k oil changes would be unsustainable for me.

Be carefull using engine flush, used to use it years ago on older cars I had before dropping the oil, sometimes it can make the car knock after it has been used.

I'd agree with the above - wouldn't use additives just stick with regular oil changes. The one thing I remember most when doing my IMI qaulies was the instructor always said the more you can change the oil the better - do mine about every 3k. As for flush - shouldn't need that unless your working with an old motor.

I'd agree with the above - wouldn't use additives just stick with regular oil changes. The one thing I remember most when doing my IMI qaulies was the instructor always said the more you can change the oil the better - do mine about every 3k. As for flush - shouldn't need that unless your working with an old motor.

Here's a really good tip i have been using myself. For the people who dont have much time,, Engine flush or additives are a waste of time & money. When it comes to oil changes do it every 9/10K or annually whichever comes first. Prior to changing the oil drain the old oil, Buy a fully synthetic 5 ltr unipart cheap oil from your local distributor that shouldn't cost more than £12, stick in 4 ltrs of it in the engine & run the car for couple of weeks with that oil. change it after 2 weeks with the oil of your choice (Castrol edge 5w30 ful.synth for me) & the denso oil filter. That works a treat for my TS & i dont have to do anything for a year. The Oil Keeps its original colour for longer & doesnt go black as quick as i only do 4-5k/year. Hope this helps someone.

No point using additives, just use a good oil. I used Castrol Magnatec in mine and it was a very nice oil. Not too pricey either.

We went for Blitz Oil for the 2ZZ-GE though, just thought we would give it a go! :yes:

I would so an oil flush is a no no.

When you think about what an oil flush does, it gets all the gunk out but at the same time it passes it all round the engine until you drain it all, it doing this in a engine which doesnt have VVTI or VVTLI is ok

But VVTI/VVTLI has valves and mini filters on the valves, these vavles control Lift and the varible valve timing.

Over time the gunk will block these valves and filters and could give you a big headache when you need to clean them out.

But just my opinion tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links