Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fire At Warburtons Bread Factory In Bolton

Raistlin

_48538681_warb1.jpg

A major fire has disrupted production at the Warburtons bread factory in Greater Manchester.

Fire crews were called at 1450 BST to the factory in Hereford Street, Tonge Moor, Bolton, after the fire started in an industrial oven.

Ten crews have been trying to bring the blaze under control. The plant employs 234 workers and is due to undergo a £25m upgrade.

The firm said it was unsure how soon it will be able to re-start production.

'Smoke-logged'

A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the factory had been evacuated and 60 fire officers, some wearing breathing apparatus, were at the scene.

He said: "It is a heavily smoke-logged building so our crews needed breathing apparatus to find their way to the fire and contain it.

"Crews came in from Blackpool, Bury and Manchester Central to help with the operation.

"Our officers are talking to the plant operators about when the factory will be able to resume operation, as it is a 24-hour production site and they will need to know what to tell their workers."

Warburtons has started an emergency operation to ensure supplies of bread to the North West are fulfilled.

Hauliers have been brought in to transport bread from the firm's 13 other bakeries across the UK into the region, a Warburtons spokeswoman said.

Third biggest bakery

"We're making sure that we get the daily bread to our customers tomorrow," she said.

"Until the damage is fully assessed and we're satisfied that everything is clean, we won't be producing any bread at the plant."

Warburtons' association with Bolton stretches back to 1870 when the family opened a small grocer's shop on Blackburn Road, which stands opposite the present Warburtons headquarters.

The family-run firm produces one million bakery products a day and is the UK's third biggest bakery, employing 3,300 workers.

It's the toast of the town... :D

Yeah, we could flog it to the Irish they have no taste :D

Yeah, we could flog it to the Irish they have excellent taste :D

I did say in another post, that you were from a tribe of Cannibals :eek: Now you've proved it in Public :yes: You are aware that we taste excellent :o

Hannibal Lecter lives & flourishes in deepest, darkest Surrey :fear:

Sorry, we only eat Kosher meat thumbsup.gif

Phew! That's a relief :thumbsup:as Raist said after a long Shower :sneaky2: :lol2:

We don't eat Pork as it comes from....

We don't eat Pork as it comes from....

Surrey? Warning! Contains nuts :wacko:

Surrey is only excellent because I live there, If I move somewhere else will be perfect thumbsup.gif

Surrey is only excellent because I live there, If I move,it will be perfect thumbsup.gif

That reads "Surrey is excellent , but if you move, it will be perfect" :thumbsup:

Out of the mouths of babes & Sucklings............ :thumbsup:

I don't need to shoot you down, you do an excellent job for me :rolleyes::2guns: :lol2:

Surrey is only excellent because I live there, If I move somewhere else will be perfect thumbsup.gif

That reads "Surrey is excellent , but if you move, If I move somewhere else will be perfect thumbsup.gif

I don't need to confirm your findings, you are always right rolleyes.gif

I see you've got the hang of editing my replies to try to make a joke... Nearly

Surrey is only excellent because I live there, If I move, it will be perfect thumbsup.gif

That reads "Surrey is excellent , but if I move it will be perfect thumbsup.gif

I don't need to confirm your findings, you are always right rolleyes.gif

I see you've got the hang of editing my replies to try to make a joke... Nearly

Fair comment , as you are always nearly making jokes :spiteful: :lol2:

At least I attempt to amuse, unlike some folks... shutup.gif

Attempt being the operative word :rolleyes: A word in your Shell like..........Don't give up the Dayjob :nono:

Seriously, No offence intended. I do enjoy your Jokes forum......I re read mine :naughty:

Seriously, No offence intended. I do enjoy your Jokes forum......I re read mine naughty.gif

I do to, they don't seem funny the first time around yahoo.gif

Seriously, No offence intended. I do enjoy your Jokes forum......I re read mine naughty.gif

Too subtle for your little mind? Eh? :yahoo: I'll add footnotes in future :spiteful:

Too subtle for your little mind? Eh? yahoo.gif I'll add footnotes in future spiteful.gif

To explain the poor quality jokes... rolleyes.gif

Too subtle for your little mind? Eh? yahoo.gif I'll add footnotes in future spiteful.gif

To explain the poor quality jokes... rolleyes.gif

Oh Dear ! Oh Dear ! :rolleyes: The bitterness that jealousy & envy bring to the surface :yawn:

It's a venom I'm used to laugh.gif

You bite yourself to achieve immunity? :eek: Wouldn't surprise me in the least! :rolleyes:

Warburtons are bringing out their own range of crisps.

The first flavour to hit the shelves will be 'Smokey Bakery'. yahoo.gif

Warburtons are bringing out their own range of crisps.

The first flavour to hit the shelves will be 'Smokey Bakery'. yahoo.gif

Got a Packet :thumbsup: Very tasty, coz as it sez on the packet "Guaranteed to have been cooked in 100% pure Pork dripping" :thumbsup::sneaky2:

I heard you had pork scratchings from you last episode of debasement with the animals.... eek.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links