Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With E12 Horn

Huz0786

Hi again

The horn in my Rolla sometimes works, but at other times it doesn't. The car had this problem before and the previous owner had it repaired, apparently it was the earth wire. Any ideas, and how do i go about fixing it, regarding taking it apart.

Thanks in advance,

Why not trace the Earth wire and check the connection of it and the rest of the horn. No point taking it apart if you know it is the wire.

Cheers for the speedy reply in response to both posts, really appreciated. I just do not know where to start from

No problem, I hate waiting for replies lol. :lol:

Well, the horns are mounted on the nose bulk-head where the radiator clamps to, so find the wire connector on them and disconnect them. Clean them up and reconnect them. I don't think the horns have a separate earth wire form the rest of the system, you will have one Earth wire going to the engine from the Battery, and also to the Gearbox from the Battery.

Most horns have a small adjustment screw like this... often a cause of trouble. Easy to adjust though.

If the wirings OK and 12 volts reaches the horn try the adjustment.

http://tinyurl.com/2wh79v8

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5547695_fix-broken-car-horn.html

Had the same problem. They replaced it with a new one (improved edition)at a TOYOTA dealer within warranty. Works great now and it sounds better (more masculine)... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links