Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Avensis? Not Much Time To Choose!

I have the choice between the following two cars. A 55 Avensis T Spirit 2L is fully loaded except colour satnav,with leather seats etc, full service history, immaculate. This car is from the local Toyota dealer and comes with a full 12 mth warranty, mot etc. It has a full service history (30k miles) and will be serviced when I buy it.

Compared against a 57 AVENSIS 2.0 D-4D T3-S 5dr Diesel. There is only one service on this car at 13000 in 2008 and has now done 30k. This is a private sale and hence no warranty. I guess I favour the diesel but am nervous that it hasn't seen a service for 2 years and wonder if the remaining two months of new car warranty would be honoured by Toyota in the event of any issues due to lack of servicing. Also I intend to have it MOT'd before the warranty date so any 'defects' covered by such a warranty could be addressed but have the same concerns as above. The prices are similar and I appreciate the difference in mpg but any advice to an aspiring Toyota owner would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Cannot comment on which car would be best but it would concern me that the privately owned car had not been serviced properly although my car is a new Avensis tourer and it really is only serviced every 2 years with an oil change each year, probably best to investigate the private car further if you are tempted.

The way that Toyota are wriggling out of any or every warranty issue that thet can get out of would lead me to favour the one with the Service History. You only have a very short time to diagnose any warranty issues on the private sale, and I think your local, Pontius Toyota, will point to the lack of proper servicing and pedal backwards.

I have no downer on Toyota, but there are problems out there they are deliberately avoiding in case they gather momentum.

I cannot fathom out how they are going to cope with this "5 Year Warranty" thing, unless they are into self flagellationment.

Big Kev. :eek:

What's the difference in price?

Have you seen the diesel yet? Diesels tend to be more robust but they still need to be looked after. Might be worth getting the AA/RAC to give it a once over, or a knowledgeable mate?

It's hard to say either way on so little info tbh :(

If anyone here has either, they'll be able to give better advice on what to look for etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links