Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Questions

XTR 55

My Rav is a non-towing vehicle.

I am unclear as to when the spark plugs, gearbox (manual) oil, t/case and diffs fluids require changing. I can see that the fluids are inspected at each service but not replaced.

I do approximately 6-8k miles per year.

Can somebody please enlighten me.

Thanx

I am unclear as to when the spark plugs, gearbox (manual) oil, t/case and diffs fluids require changing. I can see that the fluids are inspected at each service but not replaced.

Thanx

My service book for my 2007 rav says..transfer + rear diff oils replaced every FULL service so 20000mls..then there is an additional replacement section where it says, spark plugs normal type 4yrs / 40000.. platinum/iridium type every 60000mls this is for all models it also says air filter post 2003 models 4yrs/40000 manual gearbox +frt diff 4yrs/40000 engine coolant/100000mls hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

Thanx

My service book for my 2007 rav says..transfer + rear diff oils replaced every FULL service so 20000mls..then there is an additional replacement section where it says, spark plugs normal type 4yrs / 40000.. platinum/iridium type every 60000mls this is for all models it also says air filter post 2003 models 4yrs/40000 manual gearbox +frt diff 4yrs/40000 engine coolant/100000mls hope this helps :thumbsup: Stew

Stew,

I have a vague recollection that Anchorman said that the service requirements had been altered such that the gearbox and diff oils(?) were not changed so frequently. It will be in a post somewhere a few months ago - but I can't remember the context :unsure:

Thanx

Stew,

I have a vague recollection that Anchorman said that the service requirements had been altered such that the gearbox and diff oils(?) were not changed so frequently. It will be in a post somewhere a few months ago - but I can't remember the context :unsure:

That relates to the 6 speed gearbox on a 4.3. There is now no requirement to change the oil for life - only check the level. As far as i know, all other service intervals remain the same.

Thanx

Stew,

That relates to the 6 speed gearbox on a 4.3. There is now no requirement to change the oil for life - only check the level. As far as i know, all other service intervals remain the same.

Thanks Anchorman - I take it your red model had the gearbox oil changed by you?

It did Chris but when I bought mine a salesman at the dealer told me that it needed it every 2 years. He also told me to run my tyres at 30psi to improve the ride and that cost me unnecessarily too!

The gearbox on that red one was quite notchy at first and I wanted to change the oil anyway.

Regards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links