Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Info Required

LOZZA_T_SPORT

Is there any difference between the Celica and Corolla Gearbox or are they both the same?

Can I fit a Celica box into my 2004 CTS?

Both are the same but you need to be certain that its a c64 gearbox out of a celica tsport. If u use the box out of the standard vvti celica ur gearing will be a lot longer which u dnt really wnt as ull never land in the power band. As mentioned gearbox code for uk cars is c64, another thing the boxes are the same but the celica housing is slightly different because of the way it mounts in the engine bay so there will be some very small differences, I would say play it safe and get one from a corolla tsport. Checked the toyota epc system and the gearbox code is the same for celica and corolla bt the part nos are different that is why I'm sure the housing and mountings mmay be different between the two.

Or if you can find one... get a gearbox from the facelift MR2 Roadster.... C64 but with an LSD as standard thumbsup.gif

Or if you can find one... get a gearbox from the facelift MR2 Roadster.... C64 but with an LSD as standard thumbsup.gif

I have a Quaife ATB diff on order and my plan is to build up a new gearbox, with an up rated gear set :thumbsup:

I have a Quaife ATB diff on order and my plan is to build up a new gearbox, with an up rated gear set :thumbsup:

Great idea, hope it goes well, a short ratio box like the c-one or kaaz gear sets would be ideal guaranteed to drop into lift in everygear near enough.

Good idea gaz i never knew about the facelift mr2s having the c64, i knew about the lsd. Its just really hard to find them though, MR2 owners sure do look after there cars as you never see any breaking :lol:

Tell me about it... been keeping an eye out for a while for any being broken but no luck so far :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links