Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Lights On

waldo87

i have got a K&N cone filter fitted to my compressor but last week the ABS, TRC OFF and VSC lights have come on. i extended the MAF wires when i fitted the kit to stop the problems and have checked the soldered joints. i can get the lights to clear but next time the ignition is turned on they are back.

any ideas

This is common on the compressor. Mine has done this when i cleaned the intake and MAF, and when the induction piping came lose because i didn't fasten it on properly. Basically everytime i go to town on the intake, it senses the airflow change and complains because it's running differently that to what it was.

As msprince said, check the vacume pipes disconnected and plugged. Then check everything is bolted down airtight, and hunky dory. Take your Battery out for 30mins when you wash the car, then put it back in. Problem solved.

the car did seem to be holding back on power til it was warmed up for couple of days before the lights came on. now the lights are on its running normally again. will look at pipes though

the car did seem to be holding back on power til it was warmed up for couple of days before the lights came on. now the lights are on its running normally again. will look at pipes though

ecu doesn't let you have full power until the oil has reached temperature anyway when you start up. But yeh i got all the lights, however despite them coming on the car still rode absolutely normally and abs/trc/vsc was still actually working despite the warning lights being on lol. Someone on here pointed out to me that basically when you do any work on your intake be it it be fitting stuff or cleaning it, make sure it's all airtight and make sure you reset your ecu. Applies to all t-sports i think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links