Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keys Master Key And Number Plate

davidisom

Hi, I have today just purchased XT5 4.3 2006 Model on a 56 Plate. The owner had died and the son has had problems finding everything that came with car. It seems they have only 1 transponder key (silver type for start stop system) and that is it. The manual suggests that there would have been more than this and I am thinking there would have been a plate with a number that is nowhere to be found.

1. Can I get a new key from the one I have so that both myself and my wife can use the car? The key is the start stop type.

2. Would the garage that sold the car have the details of the master key as the son lives just around the corner from the garage and they have serviced the car from new?

3. Any other advice would be appreciated

David Isom

Hi, I have today just purchased XT5 4.3 2006 Model on a 56 Plate. The owner had died and the son has had problems finding everything that came with car. It seems they have only 1 transponder key (silver type for start stop system) and that is it. The manual suggests that there would have been more than this and I am thinking there would have been a plate with a number that is nowhere to be found.

1. Can I get a new key from the one I have so that both myself and my wife can use the car? The key is the start stop type.

2. Would the garage that sold the car have the details of the master key as the son lives just around the corner from the garage and they have serviced the car from new?

3. Any other advice would be appreciated

David Isom

Hi David,

I have a 4.3 XT5 as well. When mine came new from the garage it had two identical transponders for the keyless entry/ignition system. There was no "metal tag with a number on it" that I have had with previous cars. A visit to Mr T for some advice seems the only way out of this one. Take your own chair as you will want to be sitting down when they tell you the price :wacko: Our resident parts consultant, Parts King ( or "Kingo" to those who know and love him!!!! ) may be able to help you out if you PM him your registration number and ask about a transponder. Good luck with it, I'd be very interested to know how you get on. I've changed the batteries in my transponders but not managed to loose one yet :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links