Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

75Mpg Commute Yesterday

johalareewi

My commute of 20 miles each way normally gets 65mpg but yesterday it got 75mpg (on the way in) :thumbsup: but this had dropped to an overall 73mpg by the time I had got back home. These were Prius mpg figures so higher than actual but still impressive. :yahoo:

That's interesting as I have found it very difficult recently to get an indicated 60 mpg on my daily drive which I had attributed to temperature. When it was very hot it was easy to get 64 plus mpg to show. Now it's summer this has dropped below 60 and refuses to go higher! I have checked tyres etc. and can see no other reason for the fall. :eek:

That's interesting as I have found it very difficult recently to get an indicated 60 mpg on my daily drive which I had attributed to temperature. When it was very hot it was easy to get 64 plus mpg to show. Now it's summer this has dropped below 60 and refuses to go higher! I have checked tyres etc. and can see no other reason for the fall. :eek:

Turn your heating down or off if not needed. I've found my car running more lately to warm the heater up. Turn the heating off and engine stops.

Used to get much better mpg when it was mid 20's c, but now its 13c the mpgs are dropping :(

With the recent chilly starts, first thing in the morning I have to wind down the temperature setting to 16C so the Prius doesn't try to heat the cabin up (the sun will do that soon enough) and engage ECO mode so the engine doesn't warm itself up too quickly. Seems to be working. I still manage to get 60+ mpg instead of the 50+ mpg I was getting in the winter.

Turn your heating down or off if not needed. I've found my car running more lately to warm the heater up. Turn the heating off and engine stops.

Used to get much better mpg when it was mid 20's c, but now its 13c the mpgs are dropping :(

Done that- and mpg back up to 61/62 indicated. Thanks for the tip. To get this sort of figure in the winter I think I need to buy a thick coat and scarf... :D

Done that- and mpg back up to 61/62 indicated. Thanks for the tip. To get this sort of figure in the winter I think I need to buy a thick coat and scarf... :D

Heating the cabin up really hits the mpg because the petrol engine is the heat source and there is a lot of cabin to warm up. Coat and hat is the way to go :thumbsup:

Heating the cabin up really hits the mpg because the petrol engine is the heat source and there is a lot of cabin to warm up. Coat and hat is the way to go :thumbsup:

I thought about this a bit more- after the first couple of miles of my daily drive, I encounter quite a hilly section- so the engine has to work. At that point I can turn up the heat and use it! Maybe save a few quid as only need a thin coat now!

• 2 weeks later...

The schools are back and the traffic is grinding to a halt but the super Prius doesn't mind. Got 81.5mpg on the commute in this morning :D :D :D :toast::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links