Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loss Of Drive On Toyota Landcruiser Colorado 3.0 Auto

hilly58

Hi

I am having problems with loss of drive on my toyota landcruiser colorado 3.0 auto

I was driving down the A55 from north wales at 70mph when i had a complete loss of power. The engine would rev as normal but power was completely lost. When the engine had cooled down, i could move the car a few yards before drive was lost again. By the time the recovery vehicle arrived i was able to drive the car onto the wagon. The car was delivered to me the next day, and i thought i would try it again. I drove for half a mile before the same happened again. I turned the engine off for two to three minutes and was then able to drive the car back home. After having a new exhaust fitted last week and spending £250 on recovery, i dont really want to spend £1500 having a new gear box fitted. If anyone has any ideas i would be really grateful of your replies.

Many thanks

Mike

Mike you need to post this type of question in the forums. This place is just for introductions not questions. If you post in the land cruiser forum quite a few owners will see it. and your post will be emailed to all those with land cruisers who follow that forum. All the best David

Please get the fluid levels checked in the transmission system, you may well find that the oil levels are too low huh.gif

Did you notice a rise in the engine temperature prior to this loss of drive? If so you may well find that low transmission fluid levels caused this.

Good luck and please keep us updated as to your progress thumbsup.gif

Mike you need to post this type of question in the forums. This place is just for introductions not questions. If you post in the land cruiser forum quite a few owners will see it. and your post will be emailed to all those with land cruisers who follow that forum. All the best David

Thanks David will do that now Mike

Please get the fluid levels checked in the transmission system, you may well find that the oil levels are too low huh.gif

Did you notice a rise in the engine temperature prior to this loss of drive? If so you may well find that low transmission fluid levels caused this.

Good luck and please keep us updated as to your progress thumbsup.gif

Hi

Double checked gearbox level which is spot on also nmo signs of overheating Thanks Mike.

Hi

Double checked gearbox level which is spot on also nmo signs of overheating Thanks Mike.

When you put the gearbox into 'Drive' do you think the slack of the transmission is being taken up? If it is then it is unlikely to be the gearbox. Maybe it is the transfer box???

Hi

When you put the gearbox into 'Drive' do you think the slack of the transmission is being taken up? If it is then it is unlikely to be the gearbox. Maybe it is the transfer box???

It doesnt feel like any slack is being taken up at all, rang a garage this morning and they said it sounded like gearbox Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links