Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Fuel Additive

richard price

Just wondering will an aditive be of benefit, and if so what is the best product. Thank you.

I have and still try and use many diesel additives/treatments, but Millers is as good as most and well thought of among diesel owners.

http://www.millersoils.net/1_Millers_frame_AUTO_FUEL.htm

ECOMAX-Diesel-500ml.jpg

Depends what you want out of it. I have my doubts whether any of them give a performance boost, but there are a few which are supposedly good for e.g. cleaning the injectors.

Depends what you want out of it. I have my doubts whether any of them give a performance boost, but there are a few which are supposedly good for e.g. cleaning the injectors.

Which would, if not strictly `boost` performance would at least not allow deposits to gradually deteriorate the original injector performance and in so doing maintain the engines performance and mpg :)

Not apparently such a problem now but the de-sulphurisation of diesel did end with some fuel pump and injector problems so there is of course the extra lubrication benefits of some diesel additives.

Previous similar thread suggested using better grade fuel e.g V Power which has all the additives you need!! :unsure::yahoo:

Which could be and probably is true my friend :yes:

D4D's seem to like V-Power diesel a lot; The difference in engine sound and smoothness between normal Shell diesel and V-Power in my Yaris is borderline freaky!

It's a good way to cheat the emissions particulate test too :lol:

The only part of the V-Power you can duplicate with additives is the cleaning effect, but you shouldn't need to be cleaning the injectors *all the time* unless there is something wrong, so dumping cleaning additives into every tank will just net diminishing returns.

I must admit I do throw some V-Power in now and then just for the (placebo?) cleaning effect as it does seem to help. I try to coincide it with when I know I'm going to be doing motorway runs as the one downside of V-Power is, for some reason, you loose a noticeable amount of low-end torque, but you get it back in the mid-high end as more power, so it makes urban driving (esp. hilly urban driving!) much less fun, but motorways and country roads more fun! (I can run the engine up to 4000rpm smoothly and without hesitation, whereas with the cheap supermarket diesel I usually use, I already start getting scary vibrations going above 3K! :lol:)

I've just necked mine with Excellium nectar. It flows like cream and just gives the impression that it needs no additives. It rolled over 3000 miles coming home on the bypass and when I mentioned to anchorwoman that we were getting due for a new motor I got the kind of look that would take the paint off a battleship.

Looks like we're keeping this one :unsure:

I've just necked mine with Excellium nectar. It flows like cream and just gives the impression that it needs no additives. It rolled over 3000 miles coming home on the bypass and when I mentioned to anchorwoman that we were getting due for a new motor I got the kind of look that would take the paint off a battleship.

Looks like we're keeping this one :unsure:

Looks like you've no choice big fella! :thumbsup:

Ron

Just wondering will an aditive be of benefit, and if so what is the best product. Thank you.

I have and still try and use many diesel additives/treatments, but Millers is as good as most and well thought of among diesel owners.

http://www.millersoils.net/1_Millers_frame_AUTO_FUEL.htm

ECOMAX-Diesel-500ml.jpg

I tried a bottle of that + used it mostly when i couldn't get or afford v power adding a measure before filling I couldn't really tell any difference.. I mostly use Shell + to be a bit controversial i honestly think it runs better on regular rather than the super diesel.. I don't know if its me but some days my car drives better than others, Its never bad but sometimes its good + sometimes its really good :thumbsup: Stew

I tried a bottle of that + used it mostly when i couldn't get or afford v power adding a measure before filling I couldn't really tell any difference.. I mostly use Shell + to be a bit controversial i honestly think it runs better on regular rather than the super diesel.. I don't know if its me but some days my car drives better than others, Its never bad but sometimes its good + sometimes its really good :thumbsup: Stew

I think ambient air temperature and humidity have quite an effect on these diesels

I tried a bottle of that + I couldn't really tell any difference

To be fair, at about £10 a bottle sufficient to treat 500 litres of diesel you weren`t ever going to get startling results. :)

Thats why most use it as a preventative measure as a lubricant/cleaner

I tried a bottle of that + I couldn't really tell any difference

To be fair, at about £10 a bottle sufficient to treat 500 litres of diesel you weren`t ever going to get startling results. :)

Thats why most use it as a preventative measure as a lubricant/cleaner

Ah! yes but it says on the bottle CAN increase your bhp by 15% :unsure: so mines about 165bhp + 15% = 190bhp I wanted to go + wrassle with a few of those T180s.. :lol::lol: Stew

Ah! yes but it says on the bottle CAN increase your bhp by 15% :unsure:

Some people buy bottles of hair restorer as well :lol:

Ah! yes but it says on the bottle CAN increase your bhp by 15% :unsure:

Some people buy bottles of hair restorer as well :lol:

I will try the hair restorer next :yes: Do i put it in the hair filter? will it give me a really Hairy motor :unsure: + can it be used on bald tyres :shutit: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links