Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Rear Heated Screen

frankiemo

Hi there everyone

I am new to the forum my name is Selina and I own a 2010 Hilux invincible. Since purchasing the vehicle in early Feb I have been plagued with a problem concerning the heating bars on my rear windscreen. Not long after getting my Hilux I noticed that a bar in my window wasn't working. I contacted my local toyota dealer who ordered a new windscreen, I waited approx 6 - 8 weeks for it to arrive and when it did and it was booked in to be fixed it took them 8 hrs to phone me and tell me that the new screen had a chip in it.

I then waited approx another 8-10 weeks for another new screen which this time did get fitted, only to realise a week later that a bar was broken on this one also. Again I went back to the toyota dealer only to wait approx 8 weeks again. When I rang at the begining of this month to inquire what was taking so long I found out that it had arrived there in mid Aug.

I took my vehicle up yet again to get repaired only to get a phone call 2 hours later to tell me that the new windscreen had a scratch on it again. I am now booked in for this week as my new one has already arrived so it will be interesting to see if it will be 5th time lucky.

I am just wondering if anybody else had this problem or something similar and would it be cheeky to ask for some sort of compensation for my time and fuel used for my back ands forth journeys, like a service, filters or something along those lines from toyota or the dealership.

Many thanks

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: .You have nothing to lose by asking for compensation for your inconvenience.They can only say yes or no.

Thank you for your warm welcome and reply. I am going to contact them nxt week. I finally got my windscreen in although I haven't been able to test if it is working yet fingers crossed. Maybe I will have better luck seeking my compensation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links