Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disable Passenger Airbag 2003 Previa

Socrates

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new here, after a couple of weeks lurking around I've registered myself. Not a Previa owner yet, but decided to buy one.

I have 2 year old twins and a babygirl three weeks old, to every trip the whole car is packed tighter then the beverly hillbilly's.

So I need a bigger car, with sliding doors.

Previa is my favorite, runner up is the C8/807/etc. But there's one thing that the previa doesn't have. I can't disconnect the passenger airbag :(

The twins ride in the back and the baby usually rides on the passengerseat, my wife sits in the middle of the car as acting referee.

When the baby rides between the twins there's gonna be a lot of poking, grabbing and crying.

And yes, I'm aware of the dangers involved in disconnecting the airbag, but most modern cars have switches to disconnect them. And a baby that rides in front can suffer severe damage from an airbag.

So, my question is, is there a way ( preferably with a switch) to disconnect the passenger airbag on a 2003 (latest model) Previa ??

Thanks !

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new here, after a couple of weeks lurking around I've registered myself. Not a Previa owner yet, but decided to buy one.

I have 2 year old twins and a babygirl three weeks old, to every trip the whole car is packed tighter then the beverly hillbilly's.

So I need a bigger car, with sliding doors.

Previa is my favorite, runner up is the C8/807/etc. But there's one thing that the previa doesn't have. I can't disconnect the passenger airbag :(

The twins ride in the back and the baby usually rides on the passengerseat, my wife sits in the middle of the car as acting referee.

When the baby rides between the twins there's gonna be a lot of poking, grabbing and crying.

And yes, I'm aware of the dangers involved in disconnecting the airbag, but most modern cars have switches to disconnect them. And a baby that rides in front can suffer severe damage from an airbag.

So, my question is, is there a way ( preferably with a switch) to disconnect the passenger airbag on a 2003 (latest model) Previa ??

Thanks !

Hi,

I am also new here and have just purchased a 2003 Previa model.

I am in about the same situation as you, in that one of my children wants to sit in the front seat, and if they all sit in the back then all merry hell breaks out.

I have not done this yet, but what I did on my previous car, a Nissan Almera Tino, which also did not have a disable airbag button, was to take out the fuse for the airbag. That worked well and so I am intending to do the same with my new previa, which will hopefully work.

When I have the time and have done this, I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Michael

Michel,

If you take the fuse out you will probably disable the whole system.

My dealer can deactivate the passenger airbag by disconnecting it and installing a resistor. But this takes about one hour to disable and one hour to enable it again.

80 Euro's off and 80 Euro's on. I want a switch but that's probably not possible. So I'm going for the resistor option.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links