Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member and need help

m4rk

Hi all,

I am looking to buy the latest incarnation of the Toyota Celica (most likely the 190bhp) in the very near future. Can any of you help give me an idea of the pros and cons of owning this car, what you think I should particularly look out for when hunting around? Also, anyone owning the 140bhp version. Do you find it has enough 'go' or do you really feel you need 190?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards Mark

my brother has a 2000 celica with 140hp. its a very nice car that handles nicely. i know here in america we have problems with people miss shifting and blowing the engine. it appears that the shift gates are very close so sometimes when people shift "aggresivly" from 5th to 4th they shift into 2nd and peg the engine. with a 50cc shot of nitrous he did a 14.4 400m. from what i understand the gts for 2001 and 2002 had a lower rev redline and became very fursterating to drive. everytime you start getting into some good power you had to shift and your shift would always land below 6k and 6k is where vvtl-i kicks in. my brother with out nitrous took out a 2002 gts celica with 180 hp stock. jsut something to keep in mind. also the 2003 is suposed to have the fixed red line so the 2003 and the 2000 celicas with 180-190 hp are better than the 2001 and 2002 models.

Hey thanks for the info - much appreciated. I'll watch out for the differences you mention with the 2001-2002 model! Once I get the car I'll let you know what I think.

it doesn't say your location but i knowhere in the states (md) the (gt) 140 hp celica has out an exhaust manifold, cold air intakes, short ram intakes, exhaust, nitrous, and turbos out. the turbo is more work and effort than its worth. they also have a lsd, lowering springs, coil overs, struts, hid kits and more after market parts. they have basicly the same but no turbo or exhaust manifold for the (gts) 180-190hp model. my brothers celica dyno in at just under 200 hp with nitrous, exhaust manifold, exhaust, intake, and under drive pully.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links