Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Headlights

Gav 18

Hi all,

Does anyone think their auto headlights are too sensitive?

I find with mine, even when it is quite bright, the headlights come on. For example, this morning on the way into work the sun was out yet my lights still came on. It seems to be even worse driving down a shady road - every time I go into the shade my lights come on, then back off. I'm worried the people in front may think I'm flashing them.

I've noticed in the manual that the sensitivity can be customised - has anyone done this on their car?

Hi all,

Does anyone think their auto headlights are too sensitive?

I find with mine, even when it is quite bright, the headlights come on. For example, this morning on the way into work the sun was out yet my lights still came on. It seems to be even worse driving down a shady road - every time I go into the shade my lights come on, then back off. I'm worried the people in front may think I'm flashing them.

I've noticed in the manual that the sensitivity can be customised - has anyone done this on their car?

That's why I don't like automatic headlights - they switch on and off when they like - not really when they need to be!!! - why come on when driving down a country lane at noon on a bright summers day, just because there's a tree or two in full bloom!!!

On a serious note, sorry I don't know whether they can be customised.

I think the automatic wipers (or random wipers as I like to call them) are a pain, the sensitivity adjustment doesn't seem to make any difference on mine.

I've got used to the auto wipers, had them on my last avensis t-spirit so got used to them on that. Not really bothered on the gen3, not been out in the rain yet :D

I think both the wipers and auto headlights work very well. The dealer can adjust the sensitivity if you really don't like it. Look at the back of the manual for the settings that they can adjust.

PS. Lights on, on a sunny day in a country lane is an essential safety element they are there to be seen not to see.

PPS. My auto lights might be different as on the Prius they only come with the LED headlights, and also LED headlight come with rain repellant windows so those tiny drops just roll off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links