Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Peugeot 3008 Hybrid

fuel miser

An interesting drivetrain, a conventional diesel engine drives the front wheels, an electric motor powers the rears, so it's effectively four wheel drive. 99g/km CO2 and combined 74.4 mpg. Peugeot claim - "It offers a 30% reduction in fuel consumption over a petrol-electric hybrid." I can't quite see how they've worked that one out!

If you click on the 'join the discussion' link in the article, you'll find many of the comments interesting, some Prius bashers having their stupid arguments dismantled by informed Prius owners, a good read!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/252420/

some nice arguments on there:) I wonder how many Prius/Auris owners from this forum have seen/answered on there....

Some great banter on there, I want to join in but the registration page is down for maintanance :angry:

Why is it that people want to compare Prius to some Beemer XYZ that does a zillion miles an hour more and doesnt use any fuel. People just dont get it do they?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Oh dear a French car relying on electronics, that can't be a good combination...

Oh dear a French car relying on electronics, that can't be a good combination...

LOL

I've owned a Peugeot or two in the past. Nice stylish cars, but reliable? No

The 406 I had had electrical gremlins galore which the dealers were just unable to fix. Imagine a hybrid from Peugeot? ha ha ha ha ha.

Some great banter on there, I want to join in but the registration page is down for maintanance :angry:

Why is it that people want to compare Prius to some Beemer XYZ that does a zillion miles an hour more and doesnt use any fuel. People just dont get it do they?

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's an interesting read, but not an unusual conversation around any subject. Even though I haven't contributed much to this forum, I have contributed to one of the mainstream camera forums for a number of years and you see the same arguments over there. There are always arguments between those who have personal experience of a subject and those who view of the world through someone else's eyes, whether it be Canon vs. Nikon or "proper" DSLRs vs. "mirrorless" DSLRs (bit of a misnomer I know - but you get the drift!).

Anyway, it's always a good spectator sport and long may it continue...

BTW, I love my HSD. I've managed a brim to brim average of 54.3MPG over the first 1700 miles. Agreed, that's nowhere near the claimed value, but I just don't care, it's way better than my old oil burning Avensis, and I don't even have to try!

D.

BTW, I love my HSD. I've managed a brim to brim average of 54.3MPG over the first 1700 miles. Agreed, that's nowhere near the claimed value, but I just don't care, it's way better than my old oil burning Avensis, and I don't even have to try!

D.

You may well get even more mpg as your car runs in and you adjust slightly to driving a HSD. I haven't had my Prius more than a few weeks but my mpg has improved over that time - it may slump a bit now with the poorer weather though, according to more experienced Prius drivers. Like you I now find traffic jams almost a pleasure and certainly a lot less streesful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links