Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Do I Get Metal H/gasket?

wills_deals1981

;) I have just picked up my new pride and joy, a 1987 supra n/a. It has full history with 89,000 miles but i am worried about the head, as they all seem to go at some point, has anyone bought the metal h/gasket if so how much and where to get it from plz!!!!

also, what kind of money to fit the thing, bit much for me.

cheers

will

Wait until it goes, the N/A doesn't blow them as much as the Turbo.

Your looking in the region of £250 just for MHG, if your putting it in a garage expect a bill of around £1700.

cool, cheers, thats alot, ouch. I hear its cause the n/a and the turbo share the identical engine, the compression was not changed either, which is why it puts extra strain on the head, is that true?

They share the same head but the block is different, and the cams. The turbo is lower compression than the N/A.

It's not the head that's the problem its the original HG material, but it has been greatly improved over the years.

My price was a bit high that I stated as that was for a Turbo (lots and lots more to take off and re-fit) your get the N/A done alot cheaper, Just remember though if you go MHG then you really need the block skimmed aswell. If it goes just get a normal HG put on with ARP head studs/ or bolts and torqued down to a higher setting than what Toyota recommend. (which is a big problem as well, far to low torque setting from the factory)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links