Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where's My Heated Mirrors?

monya

Just to return to the topic: are they on the Auris Hybrid?

Hi. I don't have an Auris Hybrid but they are on my wife's Auris 1.6TR and I would be very surprised if you didn't have them. If you do have them then you will easily know if you do ro4runner1's test but to be honest it will be pretty obvious at this time of year if you have some condensation on the mirrors and turn on the heated rear window then the door mirrors will quickly clear in the centre.

I keep my HSD in the garage and it's only allowed out if the sun is shining! But I'm sure at some point I'll get a chance to try them out.

Hi. I don't have an Auris Hybrid but they are on my wife's Auris 1.6TR and I would be very surprised if you didn't have them. If you do have them then you will easily know if you do ro4runner1's test but to be honest it will be pretty obvious at this time of year if you have some condensation on the mirrors and turn on the heated rear window then the door mirrors will quickly clear in the centre.

Um, I'm really not sure, but I think my HSD does. I haven't done the test, but condensation does seem to clear quite quickly from the mirrors when the rear screen heater is on, hence my feeling that it does. D

Yep, I can confirm that mine does (now I am sure) - checked this morning and the mirror glass was nice & toasty after about 5 mins. D.

Um, I'm really not sure, but I think my HSD does. I haven't done the test, but condensation does seem to clear quite quickly from the mirrors when the rear screen heater is on, hence my feeling that it does. D

Yep, I can confirm that mine does (now I am sure) - checked this morning and the mirror glass was nice & toasty after about 5 mins. D.

Excellent! Thanks thumbsup.gif

All Gen 3 Prius cars have heated exterior mirrors that are controlled by the heated rear window switch. It is explained on page 297 of the manual. Very useful on mornings like this one!

Hi. I don't have an Auris Hybrid but they are on my wife's Auris 1.6TR and I would be very surprised if you didn't have them. If you do have them then you will easily know if you do 4runner 1's test but to be honest it will be pretty obvious at this time of year if you have some condensation on the mirrors and turn on the heated rear window then the door mirrors will quickly clear in the centre.

Excellent! Thanks thumbsup.gif

Yipeeeeee!!! - My Auris T4 has them as well :toast: ,

Like others checked this morning [bags of condensation] by switching on the rear window heater.

Am now awaiting a reply from Toyota who sent me a survey thingy and I asked the question "Why didn't I have the option to specify heated mirrors?"

Even the salesperson who sold it to me said the T4 didn't have them!!!!

This forum is really great for finding out how your car works, keep it up.

Cheers TerryB

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links