Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where's My Heated Mirrors?

monya

Well they're mentioned in the Auris handbook, not shown in the brochure/ price list and I don't know if I've got 'em or not. If not I'm ****** as they are not an option. (well, very slightly ******)

If it's like my CTS they'll come on when you turn the heated rear screen on thumbsup.gif

Hi I agree there is no separate switch for them

Yes in my wife's Auris the are operated at the same time as the heated rear window - but I don't think I have them on my Prius T Spirit :crybaby:

Yes in my wife's Auris the are operated at the same time as the heated rear window - but I don't think I have them on my Prius T Spirit :crybaby:

I thought they were standard on the Prius....

Later... Just looked on Mr T's website and:

Visibility

Exterior mirrors - Electrically adjustable, heated and colour keyed with integrated turn signal

Front wipers - variable intermittent

Front wipers - variable intermittent with rain sensors

All standard dependent on grade except mirrors which standard on all grades

Hi standard on Gen 3 Prius T Spirit but not on the Gen 2

I had them as standard on my gen2 t-spirit and as noted on Toyota web site I've no doubt they are on my gen3 as well....

Hi Monya

As others have mentioned on this thread, heating on the (exterior) rear view mirrors is standard on all models of Prius and Auris. The mirror heaters come on with the rear window heater and go off with it as well. So there is no need for a separate button.

Oh and the POWER mode must be ON.

On a cold, wet day you can look and see steam (really, just a small, fine mist) rising from the exterior rear view mirrors after the rear windscreen heater has been on a while. I guess the mirror would also feel hot to the touch, although I have never bothered testing that. After all, the manual does warn us "Do not touch the rear view mirror surfaces, as they can become very hot and burn you."

If you really think your exterior mirror heaters are not working, I suggest you try:

1) POWER set to ON.

2) Press ON the rear windscreen heater.

3) Press down the driver's window. Use the opening to hold your hand close to the exterior rear view mirror (but do not touch it). If the mirror gets hot, your mirror heater is working. If not, call your dealer.

If it is the nearside mirror heater you are worried about, I'd suggest getting a passenger to do step 3) on the passenger side. If you do decide to DIY and jump out of the car to test the passenger mirror, you need to be sure to leave the key inside the car. If you take the key outside the Auris while the POWER is ON then (if it's the same as my Prius) the car will bleep unhappily at you...!

Hope this helps to restore your happiness level with your car! :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

R04drunner1

Himonya

As others have mentioned on this thread, heating on the (exterior) rear view mirrors is standard on all models of Prius and Auris. The mirror heaters come on with the rear window heater and go off with it as well. So there is no need for a separate button.

Hope this helps to restore your happiness level with your car! :thumbs up:

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,

R04drummer1

[/quote

Yup Monya - I thought that as well- but must test out ro4drunner1's theory.

I'm an Auris myself and was most disappointed this morning when I deployed my retracted mirrors to find they were all misted up !!.

Hey! R04drunner1 - Happiness / Satisfaction level doesn't need restoring. - It's feedback and info from us owners practical experiences on this forum that confirm and help us to maximise the technology we own.

It seems that if we don't chat amongst our selves the OWNERS MANUAL [Null Points to Toyota] will never be interpreted !!

Cheers T

I had them as standard on my gen2 t-spirit and as noted on Toyota web site I've no doubt they are on my gen3 as well....

You had them as standard on your gen2 t-spirit? Wonder why I don't on mine?

Thanks for the advice and will try out soon. My question was prompted by the absence of this feature in the Auris brochure yet a mention of it in the handbook. As most companies make a song and dance over features in their advertising I assumed heated mirrors were perhaps added to export version only. Still, we'll see.

I don't think they are standard on Prius gen 2 T3 (booklet saying they are), but my other half complaints they aren't working. Anyway, I'll check them at my earliest.

Regards

They weren't available as standard or even as an option on my 2008, and judging by last winter I know mine doesn't have them. As far as I could tell, from the extensive searching that I did before buying a Prius, the UK Spec Gen 2 has never been sold with heated mirrors. It's a feature that I miss.

I can't explain why a very small number claim that their Prius came with the option. Some comments are just trolls, which accounts for some of the claims, but from the one or two posts from genuine owners I sometimes wonder if there was a mistake at the factory or a parts supply problem and they got an option not meant for the UK.

They weren't available as standard or even as an option on my 2008, and judging by last winter I know mine doesn't have them. As far as I could tell, from the extensive searching that I did before buying a Prius, the UK Spec Gen 2 has never been sold with heated mirrors. It's a feature that I miss.

I can't explain why a very small number claim that their Prius came with the option. Some comments are just trolls, which accounts for some of the claims, but from the one or two posts from genuine owners I sometimes wonder if there was a mistake at the factory or a parts supply problem and they got an option not meant for the UK.

In the handbook it mentions them available on some models, so I thought they would probably be on the top spec T Spirit and was surpirsed to find them missing on mine. Perhaps they were on USA spec cars and some found their way over here?

Oh well something else to look forward to if I manage to buy a Gen 3 in the future.

Hi I have the Gen 3 T-Spirit which has heated mirrors but my Gen2 T Spirit and Gen 2 T4 defiantly did not have them.

Unless your Prius was an import then you didn't have them on your Gen 2 as they weren't available in the UK.

Just to return to the topic: are they on the Auris Hybrid?

Hi I have the Gen 3 T-Spirit which has heated mirrors but my Gen2 T Spirit and Gen 2 T4 defiantly did not have them.

My humble apologies, I was obviously too rash in saying that heated rear view mirrors are available in all models. :blink: I honestly thought they were, but I will defer to those people who are very evidently better informed!

My suggested test should work to find out if they are working on your car or not. Whether or not heated mirrors should be there in the first place is evidently another question. :wacko:

R04drunner1

Definitely had them on my gen2 t-spirit, only had occasion to notice them once as all my cars live in the garage overnight, but definitely saw the steam from them on one occasion. As far as my gen3 goes, the book says they are there so I've no doubt they are, whether they will ever get used I don't know.

Remember though, heated mirrors come on automatically when you switch on the heated rear window....

Definitely had them on my gen2 t-spirit, only had occasion to notice them once as all my cars live in the garage overnight, but definitely saw the steam from them on one occasion. As far as my gen3 goes, the book says they are there so I've no doubt they are, whether they will ever get used I don't know.

Remember though, heated mirrors come on automatically when you switch on the heated rear window....

Yours must have been the only UK spec Gen 2 that had heated mirrors then. Are you sure the 'steam' wasn't heat from, say the sun, burning off the dew?

Yours must have been the only UK spec Gen 2 that had heated mirrors then. Are you sure the 'steam' wasn't heat from, say the sun, burning off the dew?

Possibly - Some coincidence if it was though! Mind you I can't check it now 'cos I no longer have the gen2....

• Like 1

Hi. I don't have an Auris Hybrid but they are on my wife's Auris 1.6TR and I would be very surprised if you didn't have them. If you do have them then you will easily know if you do ro4runner1's test but to be honest it will be pretty obvious at this time of year if you have some condensation on the mirrors and turn on the heated rear window then the door mirrors will quickly clear in the centre.

Hi. I don't have an Auris Hybrid but they are on my wife's Auris 1.6TR and I would be very surprised if you didn't have them. If you do have them then you will easily know if you do ro4runner1's test but to be honest it will be pretty obvious at this time of year if you have some condensation on the mirrors and turn on the heated rear window then the door mirrors will quickly clear in the centre.

Um, I'm really not sure, but I think my HSD does. I haven't done the test, but condensation does seem to clear quite quickly from the mirrors when the rear screen heater is on, hence my feeling that it does. D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links