Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Nav Unit For Gen3 - Flyaudio

johalareewi

There are lots of RHD prii around the world esp. in the far east where they seem to only get the bog standard head unit so the worldwide market could be large. The other factory fit aftermarket units (Rosen etc.) are all LHD so maybe Fly have decided it is worth a punt to be the only supplier of RHD units?

I am amazed that Mr T decided to have LHD and RHD head units in the gen3.

Yes it is odd that they're handed as that's normally a common part of a dashboard on many cars.

Just found in the latest Prius options brouchure that Mr T will retrofit the Toyota Navigation System TNS510 to a T3 for £1625.75 and this doesn't seem to include a backup camera but does seem to add bluetooth and a USB port (iPod port extra).

Looks like the UK website is up and running...

http://flyaudio.co/toyota-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-navigation-replacement/44-toyota-prius-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-nav-bt-easy-fit-media-system.html

£799 for the UK. Not bad. Was Expecting more like £999.

Looks like the UK website is up and running...

http://flyaudio.co/toyota-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-navigation-replacement/44-toyota-prius-oem-upgrade-dvd-gps-sat-nav-bt-easy-fit-media-system.html

£799 for the UK. Not bad. Was Expecting more like £999.

Hi Thanks for the update and website link, it seems very good value at £799

Hi Thanks for the update and website link, it seems very good value at £799

It just needs to turn up :yawn:

• 2 months later...

Alun, have a look at this thread mate....

Still waiting.... :yawn:

Seems like the trail has gone cold again. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Have asked how this is coming along and Flyaudio.eu are still looking into producing an EU version for the right hand drive Prius but want to find out what the demand is likely to be.

If you are interested, you can tell Flyaudio at flyaudio.co or flyaudio.eu

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing from Flyaudio for RHD gen3 prius but over on Prius Chat someone spotted an ebayer in Hong Kong selling units for the gen3 prius which turned out to be for RHD prius (not LHD). See eBay item 260793562557

Here is the Prius Chat thread

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-audio-electronics/94772-factory-look-gps-ebay.html

There is a manual here

http://priuschat.com/forums/attachments/gen-iii-2010-prius-audio-electronics/30751d1307734574-factory-look-gps-ebay-all-function.pdf

And photos of it here

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-audio-electronics/94772-factory-look-gps-ebay-4.html#post1349476

A very nice prius chat member bought one and has just replaced it with another HU, and now I have it in my T3. So over the next few days, I will test it out and post my findings here.

Installation:

Remove the stock unit. I used this video to learn how to remove the trim and remove the HU.

The new HU already has mounting brackets so no need to transfer these from the old unit (ignore this part of the video).

Fit the GPS aerial to the new unit, and choose somewhere to mount it. It works fine under the dash with the HU or you can run the cable and mount the aerial near the windscreen. If you want to fit the iPod cable, do that too and find somewhere to run it. The iPod interface comes in 2 leads. The first (short lead) plugs into the back of the unit and ends in a DIN type socket. The second long lead plugs into this socket and terminates in the iPod connector. I guess you could mount the DIN type socket on the dash somewhere...

The Toyota connectors just push into the sockets on the back of the new unit. The aerial connector plugs into the loose socket on the new unit (you may have to connect this to the unit first). If you have a T4 then you will have a spare Toyota connector which is used for bluetooth and is not needed with this unit.

Fit the new HU and replace the trim (as in the above video).

First Impressesions:

The fit, texture and colour is very close to the Toyota trim and looks good.

When you switch on, the unit has to boot up which takes a few seconds. When you power off, the unit retains some power for a few minutes so when you turn back on, the unit does not need to boot again. It lasted long enough for me to fill up with petrol. Steering wheel controls all work straight away too.

What do you lose from the stock unit?

Instant switch on - The new unit normally has to boot up from a cold start.

Individual volume settings for radio, CD, MP3CD - The new unit only has global volume and tone controls but does have a screen where you can set the relative volumes for different sections which helps.

ASL - New unit does not have ASL but to be fair the ASL on the stock unit was barely noticable.

Rotary tune knob - on the new unit, this is now a seek +/- knob (like ^ and v on the steering wheel controls).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links