Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Suspenion Rust 05 Rav 4

highlandrav

My 05 SWB Rav4 has heavy rusting on the lower S/A mountings which are located on the rear trailing arms - is this unusual? Could this become an MOT issue? What is the best form of treatment? Suggestions please?

My 05 SWB Rav4 has heavy rusting on the lower S/A mountings which are located on the rear trailing arms - is this unusual? Could this become an MOT issue? What is the best form of treatment? Suggestions please?

welcome to the forum.

I have 2 1994 RAVs. One has been with me since new and spent its life in Scotland = fair bit of rust on underneath suspension parts.

The other came up from London and is almost brand new underneath!

I painted the rusty one with red lead stuff, but its probably better to treat it then coat it with gooey gunk like underseal, waxoyl or the likes. The parts are pretty solid so surface rust won't affect the MOT.... but it will if left for a few years!

We have heard the occasional account of needing to change the bushes but finding they have corroded solid so there is evidence that it can happen. Like Bothy, I would just give them a wire brush and a good coat of waxoyl or similar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links