Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Self Actuating Rear Fogs

hairymorrisman

The rear fog lights on my carina e come on when the sidelights are switched on. If I switch the sidelights off and on the fogs go out only to switch themselves on again after a few miles. I have tried to locate the relay by removing the ones down by my right foot (right hand drive) one at a time but none of these seem to control the fogs. Any ideas whre the rear fog relay lives.

I believe that that relay is on the side in the passenger kick wall. I am not sure, but I know that there are plenty of relays there. At least I have in my LHD Carina.

I believe that that relay is on the side in the passenger kick wall. I am not sure, but I know that there are plenty of relays there. At least I have in my LHD Carina.

Thanks, I have tried the three relays behind my kick panel, one did the sidelights, one the direction indicators and the third refused to move at all so perhaps that was the one I was looking for.

The rear fog lights on my carina e come on when the sidelights are switched on. If I switch the sidelights off and on the fogs go out only to switch themselves on again after a few miles. I have tried to locate the relay by removing the ones down by my right foot (right hand drive) one at a time but none of these seem to control the fogs. Any ideas whre the rear fog relay lives.

Hi - If you have a 'late' or 'facelift' carina e the relay is actually inside the switch! The problems you are experiencing are due to the circuit board inside the switch housing, which incorporates the relay going faulty. If you are good with a soldering iron then sometimes it is possible to sort this pcb/relay. Realistically it makes more sense to change the switch with one from a breakers - if you can find one. But be aware that it must be from the same year/model of carina as there were wiring differences between models. Hope this helps.

Hi - If you have a 'late' or 'facelift' carina e the relay is actually inside the switch! The problems you are experiencing are due to the circuit board inside the switch housing, which incorporates the relay going faulty. If you are good with a soldering iron then sometimes it is possible to sort this pcb/relay. Realistically it makes more sense to change the switch with one from a breakers - if you can find one. But be aware that it must be from the same year/model of carina as there were wiring differences between models. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links