Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Radio Stopped Picking Up Fm Stations

Poppy51

My trusty 2000 Yaris having done 140,000 miles has suddenly stopped picking up FM stations.

Any clues/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm not expert but have you tried another aerial? :$

Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't,are they prone to giving up the ghost eventually?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The radio units are known for failing on the FM side of things, AM still works fine i expect?

I changed a couple for this problem over the years.

Mart.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The radio units are known for failing on the FM side of things, AM still works fine i expect?

I changed a couple for this problem over the years.

Mart.

Yes the AM side works perfectly.Unfortunately my wife does a 65mile commute round the M25 and Radio 5 live is not helping her relax in the same manner that Capital or Heart does. :yes:

Have a look on eBay, you should be able to get another unit cheap enough to be able to just swap them over. :thumbsup:

I've had the same problem ever since I bought my Yaris. I bought it at 50k and it has now done just over 80k. Regardless as to whether I stick on the ariel or not it doesn't seem to pick up anything. Its just static and wizzes past stations that I know frequency of! Grrr. Any suggestions please?

I've had the same problem ever since I bought my Yaris. I bought it at 50k and it has now done just over 80k. Regardless as to whether I stick on the ariel or not it doesn't seem to pick up anything. Its just static and wizzes past stations that I know frequency of! Grrr. Any suggestions please?

New radio unit.

Mart.

I had that problem on an old Avensis some years ago....

Then I put it back to FM1 from FM3 that it had somehow got to and it worked fine .... Doh!!

Strange that there's problems with the radios not working.

Mine is 10yrs old still works perfectly on every station. I've never heard before of the radios going wrong in a Yaris!

Its quite unusual. Maybe my ariel got bent but even then it was hardly picking anything up and without it it won't pick anything up at all! Not that I ever listen to the radio but it'd be nice to every now and then... Not at the cost of a new radio unit though!

Strange that there's problems with the radios not working.

Mine is 10yrs old still works perfectly on every station. I've never heard before of the radios going wrong in a Yaris!

Quite a few do - doesnt mean every single one will.

Mart.

Its quite unusual. Maybe my ariel got bent but even then it was hardly picking anything up and without it it won't pick anything up at all! Not that I ever listen to the radio but it'd be nice to every now and then... Not at the cost of a new radio unit though!

A second hand unit shouldnt be much at all - no need to go paying loads for a new one. Or look into having yours repaired?

Mart.

The radio in my Yaris doesn't work properly, for some reason it won't stay on a station when the RDS is switched on. Every few seconds it starts searching for a stronger signal.

More recently the CD play stopped accepting any discs.

At least I've got an FM sender unit to play my Ipod through.

I got a 2000 Yaris Verso earlier this year and it has the same problem. AM works fine but FM is just static. I don't want to install a replacement unit unit as mine has the integrated Cassette and CD auto-changer. I put up a search on some of the scrapyard web-sites for a 'head unit' and the only shots I got were for £85 + postage! :crybaby:

After that I picked up a £2 digital radio and plugged it into one of those tape adaptors. It works, just !! :wacko:

James

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links