Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Changing

SRsmithy

hi all, as anyone here had problems getting 4th gear, i have a 2010 auris sr, its done 7500miles and started to struggle getting 4th gear, its mainly when overtaking, if i drop to 3rd them over take and change to 4th around 4500rpm it crunches, and when normal driving it doesnt feel like its gone in properly and can pull the lever down into its place which isnt right to me.

can anyone help,

its got to go to mr ts to sort my clutch pedal noise and a worn steering wheel so they can have a look at the gearbox as well

cant say ive had any trouble with my gear change , dosnt sound good to me, hope you get it fixed on your first visit something that very rarely happens to me with toyota dealerships !

whats wrong with your steering wheel ?

I find 4th sometimes a bit... odd... Sometimes it slots in nicely, other times i have to push it up to neutral and push it back down and its fine

I have similar issue with 3rd- sometimes is difficult to select, but 4th is always very smooth. I know that gearbox in my car was already replaced before I bought it but not sure what was the reason.

hi forevered, the steering wheel has worn on the right side and as not got that smooth finish as did when new, if u look at a car thats done 60000+ miles then u might find this on that but not on a car thats only done 7500miles, its annoying more than anything else but they dont make toyotas like they used to lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links