Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Dash Rattle

peak_46

Well I've had my Auris T4 89g for three days and it's pretty impressive. I've managed 500 mostly motorway miles and other than hill climbs it is quiet and refined. Hill climbing on the motorway is like someone has put a twin axle caravan on the back as it is totally gutless and the revs go through the roof if you try and keep a steady speed. I averaged 49.8mpg over the first 333 miles which doesn't seem too shabby for a brand new car and a driver learning the "hybrid" ways.

The interior is solid and functional other than one rattle in the centre console which spolis an other wise pleasant experience. I'm a surprised judging by the comments regarding the Prius that they didn't manage to sort this out for the Auris. It is back to the dealer on Friday for the rattle!

Has anyone else heard the same on an Auris??

Well I've had my Auris T4 89g for three days and it's pretty impressive. I've managed 500 mostly motorway miles and other than hill climbs it is quiet and refined. Hill climbing on the motorway is like someone has put a twin axle caravan on the back as it is totally gutless and the revs go through the roof if you try and keep a steady speed. I averaged 49.8mpg over the first 333 miles which doesn't seem too shabby for a brand new car and a driver learning the "hybrid" ways.

The interior is solid and functional other than one rattle in the centre console which spolis an other wise pleasant experience. I'm a surprised judging by the comments regarding the Prius that they didn't manage to sort this out for the Auris. It is back to the dealer on Friday for the rattle!

Let us know how you get on with the rattle. It will give me a heads up of where to start looking if I get the same thing when mine is delivered in a few weeks time. :thumbsup:

No rattles on my Prius either, other than the wife chattering :thumbsup:

No rattles here after 5 weeks and 950 miles.

Ok, how stupid do I feel now! Five minutes into a drive with the Pentagon Toyota technician sat next to me and he asks me to remove my sun visor mounted bluetooth speaker. Surprise suprise the rattle stops. Thankfully he didn't say what I was feeling!! They still washed it and hoovered the interior after reducing the reversing beep to once, I have to say I felt embarrased but rather impressed by the service.

Lol. Better than the wife chattering! At least you can move it!

The trouble is she likes the new company car and is now talking about wanting to use it instead of her Golf!! I have to say I really enjoy it until I get to a hill and then I just can't see how good it can be for the petrol engine screaming away like that??!! I'm getting 55mpg according to the car now which I know is a little generous but still surprising seeing how hard the engine appears to be working.

The trouble is she likes the new company car and is now talking about wanting to use it instead of her Golf!! I have to say I really enjoy it until I get to a hill and then I just can't see how good it can be for the petrol engine screaming away like that??!! I'm getting 55mpg according to the car now which I know is a little generous but still surprising seeing how hard the engine appears to be working.

Yeah, I used to worry about the engine noise in my Gen2 when I first got it. You stop worrying after a while though, it's the way the cvt gearbox works... You want to try it on some of the hills on the Isle of wight!! MPG sounds about right for a new car/driver, it will get better as you get used to it and the car beds in....

As to the wife wanting to use it instead of her golf, can't really blame her can we :thumbsup: tell her to buy her own :yahoo:

My new Auris HSD has gained a rattle (or better described as a vibrating knocking) somewhere behind the steering wheel whenever I'm on uneven road. Its driving me nuts now, I've tried to wiggle and bash every panel and stick my fingers behind the steering wheel as far as they will go but alas I can't find it. I really need to get someone else in the car to climb all over it while I'm driving to try and pinpoint exactly where its coming from.

Do you reckon I should take it back to the dealer to have a look? I'm not too keen on that since I've had to complain about them to Toyota about them already (because of scratched paintwork) and I feel I'll get treated even worse now. Could I take it to another dealer for this kind of niggly fault?

Actually I found it myself, it was the plastic panel underneath the steering wheel. I've pulled it slightly out to pop it out of its clip on the left side and the rattle has stopped. I'll look to see if I can pad it somehow later but I'm glad I've finally found it before I crashed the car looking for it.

Actually I found it myself, it was the plastic panel underneath the steering wheel. I've pulled it slightly out to pop it out of its clip on the left side and the rattle has stopped. I'll look to see if I can pad it somehow later but I'm glad I've finally found it before I crashed the car looking for it.

well done - it's always nice to find and cure a rattle! I think that's the most annoying thing about any car, especially if there seems to be no logical reason for something to rattle!!

We're back to the Essex gal thing :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

We're back to the Essex gal thing :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

only by adoption, she was born in North London :rolleyes:

only by adoption, she was born in North London :rolleyes:

Nuff said :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links