Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Clean Dust Engrained Upholstery?

Wiilm

Vacuuming does not suffice.

The dark uphostlery is visible discoloured by brown dust marks - looks a bit like light brown water marks - all over, even up the sides of the seat backs.

I initially thought this came about because of visiting very dusty countries but I subsequently met another 04 Avensis driver whose identical 04 Avensis had the same problem.

Not met with this before on other cars.

Also how to restore vinyl fascia without making it slippy? I used matt restorer a few months back but then everything I put up on top of fascia just slid around crazily.

have you tried one of those vac hoovers which throw water into the upholstery and pull it back out. Failing that steam cleaners or high quality interior foam shampoo?

If it is actual dust displayed use an air compressor to blow th e dust out and then follow the above procedures

Thanks, it's not like tangible dust on the surface and whacking the surface does not dislodge it either. The upholstery looked pristine when I got the car last year, but I guess the dealer had it valeted.

I suppose I could hire one of those vacs you mention.

I had a Fabia vRS a while back with very light grey cloth seat's that where terrible to keep clean. I got a Steam Cleaner off E-Bay for £15, and it worked a treat, I used it to degunge the seats on my MX-5. So far it's paid for itself I reckon, cleaning the car seat's involves the steamer spouting steam on to the seat, and wiping it with a clean microfibre, doing small sections at a time.

It's also been put to use on thing's like bathroom tiles to spruce up grouting and the like. It could be as cheap to buy one of these jobbies as it is to hire a cleaner?

This is the one I have, but I got mine a bit cheaper, hope this helps

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HANDHELD-PORTABLE-STEAM-CLEANER-ACCESSORIES-HAND-HELD-/190462666591?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2c5875a75f

Fluff'

If the dealer had done such a good job, why not ask him how he did it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links