Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 2007

archiemacdonald

I have been told that only Toyota dealers have the equipment to change the tyres on a 2007 RAV4 2.2TD XT-R. Is this true?

I have been told that only Toyota dealers have the equipment to change the tyres on a 2007 RAV4 2.2TD XT-R. Is this true?

The equipment is for the Bridgestone Duelers fitted to the T180/ SR180 (235/55/R18 run flat system).

Do the XT-R's come with those tyres? I didn't think they did - if not, then you can get your horse shod anywhere.

If it is the Bridgestone Dueler run flat system, then there are also independents who can fit them, see: BSR Tyre Fitters

But the list is a bit old, so I'd phone-up first to confirm.

Thanks for the response. It does not have run flats and I have phoned both National and Farmer Tyres locally who say that they cannot change the tyres on my Toyota RAV4. Seems strange.

Thanks for the response. It does not have run flats and I have phoned both National and Farmer Tyres locally who say that they cannot change the tyres on my Toyota RAV4. Seems strange.

Does it have the tyre pressure monitoring system? Maybe they don't want the liability if they damage the sensors?

No such complication. I've phoned Farmer again and they say they might be able to change the tyres, but I have to take the car in to check first. Will do that and see what happens.

No such complication. I've phoned Farmer again and they say they might be able to change the tyres, but I have to take the car in to check first. Will do that and see what happens.

No run flats, no TPMS, should be no problem - they're just ordinary tyres on ordinary wheels. :huh:

Straight forward tyre change as others have said. Any tyre fitter can do them. Just make sure they put balance weights on the inside of wheel so your alloys don't get marked around the rim :thumbsup:

Tell the numpty's at Farmers to stick to tractors. If they can't do their homework they don't deserve your business. They are standard tyres that can be done with bog standard equipment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links