Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty

boilerman

Hi

I'm getting rid of my 03 d4d and would like to know if there is any warranty on a 07 model. Head or gasket has gone on mine and I had to change the DMF so need some cover for these two items when i get a newer car, are they covered on the manufacturers warranty for 5 years ?

mike

No Mike

The 5 year warranty started on vehicle registered on 1st April this year. Prior to that it was a normal 3 year warranty. Try to get one built after May 2007. Most of the engine mods were done by then. If you can a get a VIN No we can get the build date.

I'm probably tempting fate but so far we have no DMF issues with 4.3s.

Thanks A

So, I'm probably better off trying to stretch the budget for a 08 model ? How do I tell the difference between a 4.2 and 4.3 ? And from other posters the T180 seems to be more trouble than the extra power (head's and low mpg)

Spent the day at BCA brighouse yesterday, they had a BMW Auction, I like the X3 and X5. 07 X3's were going for about £14k, but the same X5's about 3 grand more.

I know the X3 is not all that popular, but I think they are great value for your money, good power and mpg. Just a bit ugly. but I could live with that.

Still like the Rav though, and they are cheaper.

mike

Any rav newer than a 56 plate will be a 4.3 It is bigger than the 4.2 and it is the current shape although there have been a couple of cosmetic facelifts very recently (mainly frt grille) as well as some mechanical improvements 09/10..150bhp engine as opposed to 140bhp on earlier models.. :thumbsup: Stew

The BMWs are nice but they can't match the Japanese build quality.

To identify the models have a quick read at the pinned section - "which model do I have?"