Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio Reset When Car's Ignition Is Off

Pim

Hi,

My radio, which i changed out from my other car, resets each time the car ignition is turned off.

I have checked the wiring from the radio itself, the wiring up till the carbound versions, but haven't found the issue yet.

Everything works fine, except the reset each time.

At my other car the radio did not reset so it has to be the connection to the Battery which somehow isn't functioning right.

Does anyone have the exact wiring diagram (including the path of the wires behind the dashboard) so i can fix this/ replace that specific wire?

Would be awesome

Greetz

Pim

Pim

I don't have the wiring diagram but your new radio needs an ignition feed and a permanent feed to keep the memory. You need to identify that feed.

Pim

I don't have the wiring diagram but your new radio needs an ignition feed and a permanent feed to keep the memory. You need to identify that feed.

you dont need a wiring diagram its an easy fix all teh have to do is unplug the red and yellow wires on your STEREOS loom and connect them so that RED goes to YELLOW and YELLOW goes to RED

so basicly the feeds are crossed and it will work :) see image below.

post-101009-039144400 1289515835_thumb.j

Pim

I have identified it, it's very easy to identify. BUT... Since i know that the radio is good, the wiring belonging to the radio is good (tested in other car) the wiring which belong to the car seems to be the only option left to have a break or something in it which isn't connected somewhere.

I want to know how they go so i can find them without having to open up the entire dashboard.

you dont need a wiring diagram its an easy fix all the have to do is unplug the red and yellow wires on your STEREOS loom and connect them so that RED goes to YELLOW and YELLOW goes to RED

so basicly the feeds are crossed and it will work :) see image below.

Interesting thought you give here. So you basically say that the accessory input can be left out and is the same voltage as the feed to the Battery.

If you can confirm somehow that it's true i will test it. I don't want it to fry or stop functioning because of wrong voltage though.

Thanks for your input!

Greetz

Pim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links