Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connect Bluetooth Streaming Music?

drgregur

Hi,

How do i get my phone to stream music to my car via bluetooth? I have paired it to the car, but it only say its connected as a "phone" not a audio/headset device.

Some say i need to pair it twice somhow to get the streaming to work..

Someone has any ideas how to do that??

I have Samsung galaxy s.

Please help :)

Hi,

Not entirely sure about this, but I think in order to make this work, both devices need to support the A2DP profile. (Google is your friend)

The Samsung is relatively new, so it probably does.

But does the "car audio" ? :unsure:

Maybe this points you into the right direction...

Hi,

How do i get my phone to stream music to my car via bluetooth? I have paired it to the car, but it only say its connected as a "phone" not a audio/headset device.

I have samsung galaxy s.

I would have thought the phone supports A2DP so it should work. Can't remember how to pair it without being in the car, but its straight forward you just need a bit of confidence to explore. The manual is pretty useful if you have it, although I managed to do it without.

Saying that though, I was messing around through some of the options and my iPhone 3GS stopped connecting to the car. In the end I had to remove the audio device using the interface, then pair the 2 devices again and it now work well!

And by setting it to auto connect means that when the car it switched on the phone with connect automatically (assuming you've enabled bluetooth on your phone)

I managed to pair my HTC mobile to the car; first as a phone and separately as a bluetooth music 'host'. Once you have succeeded in pairing them (mine didn't work first time, or second...), make sure that you select for the car to initiate the pairing - it's in the menu/bluetooth settings.

Now, whenever I get in the car, it always pairs both as a phone and for music (and gives two separate on-scree messages).

Good luck...

pva

Hi,

I have samsung galaxy s.

I would have thought the phone supports A2DP so it should work. Can't remember how to pair it without being in the car, but its straight forward you just need a bit of confidence to explore. The manual is pretty useful if you have it, although I managed to do it without.

Saying that though, I was messing around through some of the options and my iPhone 3GS stopped connecting to the car. In the end I had to remove the audio device using the interface, then pair the 2 devices again and it now work well!

And by setting it to auto connect means that when the car it switched on the phone with connect automatically (assuming you've enabled bluetooth on your phone)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, i got the phone paired, but only as a "phone" not for audio use (music streaming). On the CD it says "W52838" as a model nr. , its a avensis 2009

I have been in the menu system but only finds "pair phone" not anything like "pair host, pair headset"..

It says nothing in the manual about "music streaming" how to get it working.

Any clues?

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I answered this in another topic: Make sure that the passcode for the phone setting and audio settings in your Toyota bluetooth configurations are the same. In my situation the phone was paired using code 1212 and the audio 0000. I changed the phone to 0000 and re-paired. After this my iPhone was able to stream music to the NAV system.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links