Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Way To Get Power Down

etihad

Evening people..

Was just wondering if anyone could shed abit of light to this...whats the best way to get all the power out of a compressor down on the road, do you have it be at high revs to start with? Also is the compressor generally faster from standstill than a rolling start? Also to get the best start from a rolling start whats the correct way?

firstly having decent grippy tyres helps a lot when i have low tread on my tyres i can tell my car will spin the wheels through 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear.

i'm no racer so can't help with that side but i do enjoy racing off the lights in a straight line you need to find a balance of revs to hold before you let the clutch out which gets max power down but doesn't overwhelm the wheels, wheelspin may look/sound cool but it just slows you down. also although you have to let the clutch out quite quickly don't do it too too fast there is another balance to be found here.

hope that helps.

simply reverse everywhere you go and hey presto! - rear wheel drive.

seriously though, it's all about being progressive - if you hammer it too hard off at the lights this weather, your wheels will scrabble for traction, losing valuable micro-seconds of racing time. on a greasy or wet road, i always take it easy through first and then i can judge how hard i can hammer second. sometimes it's best to just not to hammer it at all (unfavourable conditions / bmw m3 sitting beside you) if it's a nice dry road, then the traction control button can be turned off, although your tyres would need to be sufficiently warm enough for them to grip properly. good tyres are a must, so that means goodyear, Pirelli, dunlop, Bridgestone, Continental or michelin. maybe even toyo t1r's at a push. but nothing less, that is if you're serious about getting all the horses down on the tarmac.

All in all just push the accelerator :D :P

Works for me too ;) although to get an acceleration response out of the IQ, first of all you have so send a post card saying you have pressed the pedal then when the engine receives it you get an almost instant reaction :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm assuming that "from the lights" and references to "the road" are all referring to a race track?? :rolleyes:

hahah GIDDLEPIN, do you have the option to send it first class?

yep this is nothing to do with street racing, just for information. Does anyone know if the rolla's are generally better from a standstill start or a rolling start; acceleration wise.

hahah GIDDLEPIN, do you have the option to send it first class?

yep this is nothing to do with street racing, just for information. Does anyone know if the rolla's are generally better from a standstill start or a rolling start; acceleration wise.

Can't help you there as at Santa Pod it's all from a standstill :lol:

Getting the right balance of rev's to set off quickly without wheelspin is key to a good start thumbsup.gif

This may be a bit controversial and not the best advice I will ever give, but if you really want a good start and you have no mechanical sympathy then you can launch a compressor in 2nd gear. Build the rev's and then dump the clutch on a dry road you don't need to worry about bouncing off the limiter and don't usually have a problem with wheelspin.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links