Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Had Alarm Issues ?

Andy SR180

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have had issues with their Auris alarm..?

Mine has been going off now and then for no apparent reason, it just went off earlier this morning at 3am, luckily i was still up.

There is no wind and it is below zero here. Is there anything I can check sensor wise before taking it to Toyota ??

I have had the car 2 years in December and not heard a peep from the alarm until October when it started, but to be fair it hasn't been going off every day or anything.

I thought it might of been the seat belt not pulling back in correctly and it was then re-coiling hours later, but I have been making a point to check this before leaving the car.

Cheers

Andy

Hi

Mine has been going off now and then for no apparent reason, it just went off earlier this morning at 3am, luckily i was still up.

There is no wind and it is below zero here. Is there anything I can check sensor wise before taking it to Toyota ??

I have had the car 2 years in December and not heard a peep from the alarm until October when it started, but to be fair it hasn't been going off every day or anything.

I thought it might of been the seat belt not pulling back in correctly and it was then re-coiling hours later, but I have been making a point to check this before leaving the car.

Cheers

Andy

check the Battery on the car if it is failing that can make alarms do funny things..

Have a look around the car for any tell tale signs of spiders (cob webs etc) as they have been known to be sensitive enough to be set off by them on a friends car in the past.

Hi

Cheers

Andy

If I jet wash the car without turning off the alarm then the alarm always goes off when I am jet washing the rear quarter panels so there must be a vibration sensor somewhere, only other time it went off was when the neighbour hood woman fell over on the drive. I thought this was strange and she said she had no idea why the alarm went off but around a hour later I went to go out in the car and found a big black mark on the drivers door along with a dent, not impressed to say the least and now I know why the alarm went off but I can not prove anything apart from the fact the dent cost £25 to get the dent guy to get out.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Cheers

Andy

Did you find the cause of this problem? mine is at it now! Twice in the last two weeks. Once at work, no obvious disturbances, again yesterday morning, didn't see it myself, could have been a passing bin wagon!

I've got a volt meter to check the Battery later.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links