Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Who Can Remap A T Sport

adrock11

can anybody tell me where i can my corolla t sport remapped , i want the fensport uprated cams but they told me they cant remap it......anybody help

Cant remap the standard ecu on the tsport. Only standalone or piggyback mate. And if you use just cams you wont get the best gains from them without supporting mods. Use the search button.

As above you cant remap the standard ecu but im saving for the piggy back ecu for the new year i got a quote for £500 fully fitted and set up.

As above you cant remap the standard ecu but im saving for the piggy back ecu for the new year i got a quote for £500 fully fitted and set up.

was that the powerfc they quoted with ,if so who was the tuner,because im sure i read sumwhere the unit is 800-900 on its own

Thatll be the unichip iirc. Readong msprinces thread. Got a similair qoute for the unichip.

Emerald ecus are another option. And Motec, fensport deal with Motec.

Don't really see the point in trying to get anymore power out of the Corolla TS it is not really the right type of car for it, 189 BHP through the front wheels of a family size hatchback is plenty IMO.

Most people that drive them can't even transfer this much power to the road effectivly anyway judging by some of the comments on this site, let alone more power under the front wheels :wacko::lol:

Thatll be the unichip iirc. Readong msprinces thread. Got a similair qoute for the unichip.

i dont see the advantage ,to increase bhp by 10 without cams etc ,id rather go crazy n supercharge it

Don't really see the point in trying to get anymore power out of the Corolla TS it is not really the right type of car for it, 189 BHP through the front wheels of a family size hatchback is plenty IMO.

Most people that drive them can't even transfer this much power to the road effectivly anyway judging by some of the comments on this site, let alone more power under the front wheels :wacko::lol:

it all depends how heavy peoples right foot is lol,what they do is entirley down to them IMO ,if they wrap up there cars why should we care ?,aslong theres no casualties and noone else is involved

i dont see the advantage ,to increase bhp by 10 without cams etc ,id rather go crazy n supercharge it

it all depends how heavy peoples right foot is lol,what they do is entirley down to them IMO ,if they wrap up there cars why should we care ?,aslong theres no casualties and noone else is involved

I agree.

piggy backs like a unichip etc are a waste of time NA, Your best options would be standalone management. Save the money on cams and get a PFC.

You wont see the benefit of cams at all unless you raise the rev limit and on stock internals you will fry your engine.

Theres better bang for buck.

Standalone Management Options:

Apexi PFC

Hydra EMS

Motec ECU

XMSL Management By Perfect Power

Emerald

AEM

Nearly all of the above will work you into 800 on wards with a custom harness and full remap.

Piggy Back Options combined with basic bolt ons like intake,exhaust, header.

PE Camcon

Greddy Emanage Ultimate

AEM FIC

Emanage Blue

I would say piggy back the best would be the camcon along with the aem fic.....If you buy both at retail priceyou may aswell buy a standalone engine management system as it works out the same price plus cheaper to tune.

has anyone ever added a pfc or motec ecu and had it dynoed before and after?

i just cant see it all being benefical cost wise ,ye maybe more up top ,but ud lose in the midrange and those annoyin vag group tdi`s will pull further ahead on real world roads :(

next yr im doing what most people have dun ,custom exhaust and typhoon .

Because our engines run vvti tuning via a remap wields greater gains than a non vvti engine.

but wouldnt you lose torque ,to make more bhp up top, i cant see there being an increase of torque too ,well not a noticeable one

IMO i dont think you can do much more without superchargin or going stroker,otherwise toyota wudnt have bought out the compresser ,it just be tsport wid a 9500rpm redline

You dont know too much about tuning n/a do you.

You can gain alot. And no you wont loose torque. And you dont just aim for making power top end. The compressor was sort of a last hoorah for TTE. Theres many high power n/a 2zzge engines around.

technically any NA car is normally in the same boat, Its just not many people do these upgrades.

Let me compare a civic type r.

Cost wise and power.

hondata k pro ecu

gruppe m induction

spoon cat back exhaust

= 1300

power 197 - 209

2zz-ge

apexi power fc

custom cat back

injen cai

= 1400-1500

power 189 - 204

our car would cost roughly 100-200 quid difference for similar modifications for decent power, i grant the ep3 is cheaper to do because many parts can be sourced cheaper but you cant say the 2zz-ge is shy of making power.

The other tjing to mention is spending that sort of money on an n/a engine. The power figure may not be that impressive. But driveability wise and power curve delivery is much improved.

The other tjing to mention is spending that sort of money on an n/a engine. The power figure may not be that impressive. But driveability wise and power curve delivery is much improved.

agreed, what we need to remember is our car is pretty lightweight, we make a bulk of our power in the top end, our gear ratios are close together and our engine is responsive, we dont suffer turbo lag and when geared correctly our cars do move.

We have little torque but we dont need alot of it as we dont weigh much. The lotus 190 is a prime example...shed a bit of weight, throw a pfc in and have some serious fun.

Also lotus use there own management systems with this engine....they make more useable power because there lift kicks in lower....generally speaking however lowering lift is not a problem solver on its own it could lose you power BUT there are ways around it standalone management is essential.

Yeah true but i dont want to go down the forced induction side, i love n/a. I will have my t-sport for the next 3 years and plan on spending loads on the car to make it faster.

189bhp isnt much considering there are starlets out there putting out double that and the likes of meganes that an extra 50bhp on us similar size car, i dont know about you but i dont have much trouble getting the power on to the road.

Sorry. That sounded snappy. It didnt mean to.

lmaoo i wont cry promise :thumbsup:

obviously theres a whole heap of things u can do ,ppe headers ,2.25 inch straight thru zorst ,polished ports ,new intake manifold ,custom cold air feed ,high lift cams ,the list goes on ,custome live mapping,then you have to figure out how to transfer it to the road effienctly ,bt its gonna cost some serious $$$

at the end of the day im sure most people on here would rather put that much money into a much faster car , evo or scooby .

Id go for inlet,header + cat back, ported inlet manifold, and standalone. With other suporting mods like hondata img. Lightweight pulleys, lightweight flywheel, uprated clutch, and uprated valves and springs (mwr) the 2zz is a weapon.

heres my set up and i focussed on power to the floor first.

Engine Mount Inserts

Coilovers

Toms Strut Brace

ES Front Control Arm Bushings

ES Rear Control Arm Bushings

(I already have the standard rear strut bar that comes on the facelift)

TRD Rear Tower Brace

OZ Superleggeras = Serious Weight Reduction On Wheels

Toyo T1R = ill be going for yoko paradas next or eagle f1s

I also have thicker front anti roll bar bushes ready to go in.

All i need now is a thicker rear anti roll bar and a front anti roll bar.

Fast road set up and my suspension set up should be deadly!

Exhaust im sticking to the plan 2.5 catback with MANDREL bent ONLY. no crush bent systems i have seen independant results of a straight through mandrel system on a 2zz-ge....also results with the exhaust piping going underneath the axle to avoid a large bend the gains have been impressive.

The only other things i can think of are heat management, lowering intake temperatures, Working on simple things like ceramic coated inlet manifolds, a proper CAI, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold even if the oem one is ported if its ceramic coated properly it will keep the pistons cool and allow for that extra little bit of power.

NA cars are all about the intake and exhaust side thats all you can do to yield power,

A prime example is t-sport786 on this forum, i remember his car in stock form....after some simple upgrades, header, tuned camcon, intake work and exhaust (it was a 2.25 crush bent i think)

he was alot quicker than me and his power delivery was alot more agressive i can vouch that those mods make a significant difference to the car.

Yeah true but i dont want to go down the forced induction side, i love n/a. I will have my t-sport for the next 3 years and plan on spending loads on the car to make it faster.

189bhp isnt much considering there are starlets out there putting out double that and the likes of meganes that an extra 50bhp on us similar size car, i dont know about you but i dont have much trouble getting the power on to the road.

Why not just buy a faster/better car seems a lot easier.

Some people dont want to just buy a faster car. Some people want to keep there corollas. The same can be said for people who tune the likes of evos and scoobys. Why bother aye? Maybe they should just save and buy a faster car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links