Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Rear Window 'slow'

Wishbone

My Avensis 2.0VVTI heated rear window seems to be really slow to work. The window was misted up this evening and after driving for about 25 minutes, it still wasn't totally clear. It is definitely working because it partially clears the screen. I don't remember it taking so long.

Could something be loose?, or is there something I can check to make sure there is enough voltage/current flowing?

My Avensis 2.0VVTI heated rear window seems to be really slow to work. The window was misted up this evening and after driving for about 25 minutes, it still wasn't totally clear. It is definitely working because it partially clears the screen. I don't remember it taking so long.

Could something be loose?, or is there something I can check to make sure there is enough voltage/current flowing?

If the window is partially defogging then the problem is probably a broken wire on the window. To test for this follow the instructions in the attachment.

If you discover a broken wire it can be repaired. Clean the window with a grease, wax and silicone remover.

Put masking tape both sides of the broken wire. Mix the repair agent (Dupont Paste No 4817} Use a fine tip brush and apply a small amount of paste to the wire ends.Leave for ten minutes and remove masking tape and do not make any further repairs to the wire for 24 hours.

Fitter

post-66293-042030600 1289989361_thumb.jp

ok, I'll do that at the weekend in the light.

The screen is clearing along the length of each wire but its almost like too little voltage is flowing. So I'll follow the procedure you posted and see what that shows up.

I was also reading a post where cleaning the inside of the window can help, by reducing the amount of condensation that forms. So that's a simple thing to try. I don't clean the inside of the back window very often so it might be more than a little grubby.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links