Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Diesel

haxbyville

HI TODAY WIFE FILLED UP CAR WITH PETROL INSTEAD OF DIESEL FULL TANK,THEN RELIZED MISTAKE PHONE ME SHE HADNT MOVE FROM PUMPS SO PHONE AA ONE HOUR LATER AND £205 LIGHTER HE ARRIVED. 30MINS LATER WAS ON HER WAY JOB VERY WELL DONE.WOULD RECOMMEND,NOW JUST WONDERING WHICH IS THE BEST MISFUEL DEVICE TO BUY AM THINKING OF GETTING FUEL ANGEL THE ONE THAT WAS ON DRAGONS DEN £35 DELIVERED.ANYONE TRIED ANY OF THESE DEVICES. CHEERS

HI TODAY WIFE FILLED UP CAR WITH PETROL INSTEAD OF DIESEL FULL TANK,THEN RELIZED MISTAKE PHONE ME SHE HADNT MOVE FROM PUMPS SO PHONE AA ONE HOUR LATER AND £205 LIGHTER HE ARRIVED. 30MINS LATER WAS ON HER WAY JOB VERY WELL DONE.WOULD RECOMMEND,NOW JUST WONDERING WHICH IS THE BEST MISFUEL DEVICE TO BUY AM THINKING OF GETTING FUEL ANGEL THE ONE THAT WAS ON DRAGONS DEN £35 DELIVERED.ANYONE TRIED ANY OF THESE DEVICES. CHEERS

Did you get the petrol back???? :lol:

Hi,

With regard to the fuel Angel, this has been my experience. I bought one of these last month direct from their website. After a 3 week wait during which time the company ignored my e-mails, finally responding after I had opened a dispute via paypal, did the device arrive.

In use, I now find that due to the port fitment on the device, when fuelling it takes much longer to fill up and the fuel pump cuts off once I have half a tank (something to do with the laws of physics and gas pressure I'm told??), which is a little frustrating.

On reflection a 'diesel only' sticker on the cap may have been a cheaper alternative.....

I got one a few weeks ago, as with Orbs it didn't arrive despite paying nearly a fiver for delivery but after ten days I sent them an email, received two replies and had one within 3 days of the emails. They blamed Royal Mail - who knows?

My observations are that refuelling is a much more cautious affair. First two times I spill diesel down the side of the car. The device means the pump nozzle can only enter the car to around 3cm of its length, so the auto-cut off kicks in much later (and often too late).

I'm used ro jamming the fuel cap under the trigger and leaving the pump to do its own thing but that's no longer an option.

You can fill up at full power to around 45 litres but you have to trickle the last few in carefully and listen for the fuel sloshing about. Keep squeezing the trigger to get it brimmed and you'll get wet feet.

I haven't experienced the half tank problem Orbs speaks of.

The replacement fuel cap it comes with seems quite flimsy compared to the original, but it seems to do its job.

Despite this, I'm happy with it as I've always owned petrol cars before and am scared of doing the unthinkable one day. Once you adjust your refuelling habits it's fine.

Hi haxbyville

i have had a fuel angle fitted for three years since the wife filled my 2007 (yes you got it 3 years ago the 2007 was brand new not even 7k on the clock) with petrol and then drove off (not very far tho) I ordered it came very quick (was before he mass manufactured them i guess). the end of last year it failed as the centre part of the tube came out when I pulled the pump out while filling up. I still had an e-mail from the guy his personal one not from the company website, gave him a mail to ask if this was normal, he responded and sent me a new designed one for free.

all in all I think they are a great idea you just have to get used to the flow rate at the pump as it takes a bit longer to fill from empty, but its a small price to pay over the cost of a new engine in a landrover circa £7K

Smac343

• 1 month later...

With a fleet of 12, I have never had any difficulty knowing which engine takes what fuel. For those of you enjoying 1 engine, should you not get a grip ???? :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links