Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems With Controls On Radio

Bok

I've just joined the forum & spent ages looking for a thread about this problem.

Way back in late 2009, there was a thread about "Volume Control Knob Not Working" which didn't get very far, so can anyone offer any more info on the following please...

3 times over the last couple of years I've had periods when, intermittently, some of the controls (e.g. on/off, volume up/down) have stopped working, even though the controls on the steering column have continued to be ok.

I've taken my Gen2 Prius to the dealers and the radio unit has been changed twice under warranty. (They tell me out of warranty, the basic radio unit would have been £1400! I could replace most of my home stereo system for that!) Now it's happening again.

On unit change #1, the dealer told me there was a known fault in the JDL unit, that had now been fixed.

On unit change #2, they offered no comment about a known fault.

Both times, they said their check had revealed a fault in the unit. They dismissed out of hand my suggestion that, happening two times might point to something "behind" the unit, like the wiring interfaces.

Have lost all confidence in my dealer because of this and their attitude to other problems as well.

Does anyone have any recent experience or answers on this problem, please?

(A very interesting and informative forum by the way.)