Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

In Praise Of Wynn's Clean Burn

kora

My 1995 petrol 4.1 RAV4 failed it's Irish (Republic) NCT emissions test on its High Idle Lambda reading of 0.968 (fail if not between 0.997 and 1.03) and a High Idle CO reading of 1.18% (fail above 0.3%). I resat the test some time later after adding two bottles of Wynn's Clean Burn to a tank of petrol and driving at high revs, and passed with readings of 1.006 (Lambda) and 0.17% CO. I'd seen RAVs in better shape than mine being scrapped after failing the emissions test so I was !Removed! relieved and grateful. Two years later I've followed the same procedure and passed first time with improved readings. It's definitely worth a try for these older models.

My 1995 petrol 4.1 RAV4 failed it's Irish (Republic) NCT emissions test on its High Idle Lambda reading of 0.968 (fail if not between 0.997 and 1.03) and a High Idle CO reading of 1.18% (fail above 0.3%). I resat the test some time later after adding two bottles of Wynn's Clean Burn to a tank of petrol and driving at high revs, and passed with readings of 1.006 (Lambda) and 0.17% CO. I'd seen RAVs in better shape than mine being scrapped after failing the emissions test so I was !Removed! relieved and grateful. Two years later I've followed the same procedure and passed first time with improved readings. It's definitely worth a try for these older models.

Not knocking the Wynns but could it just be the high revs clearing all the accumulated crud :unsure:

I'd given it an Italian tune up before the first test which hadn't helped much, although the oil temperature was 89 degrees (76 for the re-test).

I only use Shell V Power in mine and haven't had a problem. It must make a difference.

I didn't mean to promote Wynn's particularly, probably any of the kerosene based additives might have done the job. Saved me the cost of a new car (plus old one), that's why I'm so pleased with the stuff.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links