Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoking T180

topaz

hi all have a avensis t180 on 07 131.000 miles on clock every now and again belshes out a lot of smoke cleaned egr valve on several occasions no lights on drives fine seems to do it when you have taken your time for a while then put toe down and i mean a lot of smoke for about 10 or 15 seconds any ideas thanks in advance

Possibly a DPF regeneration.

Mine does this quite often when i drive in very slow traffic and then i accelerate hard.

On the motorway i see this every couple of miles.

I believe it is normal.

hi all have a avensis t180 on 07 131.000 miles on clock every now and again belshes out a lot of smoke cleaned egr valve on several occasions no lights on drives fine seems to do it when you have taken your time for a while then put toe down and i mean a lot of smoke for about 10 or 15 seconds any ideas thanks in advance

Hi,

I had similar turned out to be the Catalitic converter (not cheap). Performance seemed to improve afterwards though.

Not sure if this will help you or not. I've had a similar problem with my T180, so I bought some BG 244 fuel treatment off eBay and it runs a treat now! I know you've cleaned the EGR valve out, but its worth a punt...

Btw... I've just found a modified genuine Toyota EGR valve on eBay for £150 brand new with all gaskets.

My friend's Rav 4 with the 2.3 T180 engine also does this regularly - its the DPF regeneration I understand. My own T180 never seems to do it that much but I wonder if the T180's have PASSIVE regenerations as well as ACTIVE ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links