Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

It Might Be Old But Its The Best

cabsandy

As you will have seen by the news reports, its been pretty bad up here in Scotland for the past week, horrendous yesterday and today (6-7th Dec). My 05 RAV has been superb, whilst scooting past other less fortunate cars abandoned by the roadside. My neighbours continue to be amazed that the RAV comes in and out of the cul-de-sac, can park and come out of 8" on snow,ploughs through blocked roads-it just works.My wife got home yesterday, 22 of her work mates had to stay overnight in the office because they couldn't walk that far or they knew their cars wouldn't get out of the car park.

So here's to my RAV and thank goodness I resisted the temptation to swap it for a shiny Kuga in the summer-Mr Toyota, I salute you :thumbsup:

cheers

cabs

A definite round of applause for the plucky little RAV. I live in Scotland too right in the middle of nowhere and it's been terrible where I am. Unfortunately my father actually sold my '95 2.0 RAV last week which I was slightly upset at but that's another story. :( It was a cracking liccle motor.

We do however have our other motor, a '96 3.0 Surf which we've been using instead. I do have to say, the 4x4 Toyota's do exactly what they say on the tin. :)

A definite round of applause for the plucky little RAV. I live in Scotland too right in the middle of nowhere and it's been terrible where I am. Unfortunately my father actually sold my '95 2.0 RAV last week which I was slightly upset at but that's another story. :( It was a cracking liccle motor.

We do however have our other motor, a '96 3.0 Surf which we've been using instead. I do have to say, the 4x4 Toyota's do exactly what they say on the tin. :)

My brother ended up with my old 1998 RAV4 STAX 4.1 and was running about in it for the last couple of years.

But the fool traded it in for a Vauxhall Vectra. (I was upset too - morally it was still mine but I would still have paid him more than the Vauxhall dealer if I had known he was changing it).

He came home from work yesterday (Scotland) as white as a sheet and shaking like a leaf. The Vectra couldn't handle the conditions.

Last year when we had the snow and he had the RAV, he was very smug as he went up hills, passing the wheel-spinners. Now he regrets getting rid of it.

A fool and their RAV are easily parted.

I went out for a 'spin' yesterday and it took me 4 hours to cover 4 miles. The problem was half-wits trying to drive on snow with Mercedes and BMW cars. Then an eejit in a Vauxhall, Insignia doing a pirouette in front of me. I had number 1 RAV out but didn't load it up with bricks, but hundreds of horsepower available got over roads that no-one else could. it just took so long waiting for others in front to give up and park at the side. One young chap recognised the car from Crail !! and we had a belther whilst waiting in traffic in Baillieston Main Street! :thumbsup:

And thats me with the Falkens on - not snow rated, but the diff lock on. Number 2 RAV is also out and about and coping very well.... running messages for people.

I went out for a 'spin' yesterday and it took me 4 hours to cover 4 miles. The problem was half-wits trying to drive on snow with Mercedes and BMW cars. Then an eejit in a Vauxhall, Insignia doing a pirouette in front of me. I had number 1 RAV out but didn't load it up with bricks, but hundreds of horsepower available got over roads that no-one else could. it just took so long waiting for others in front to give up and park at the side. One young chap recognised the car from Crail !! and we had a belther whilst waiting in traffic in Baillieston Main Street! :thumbsup:

And thats me with the Falkens on - not snow rated, but the diff lock on. Number 2 RAV is also out and about and coping very well.... running messages for people.

Decided to close work early yesterday because of conditions. Left at 1 PM and the only route available was to join M74 at your neck of the woods at M73.

Got home this morning at 3AM, yes that was 14 hours for a 4 mile journey:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Should add, none of this was the cars fault which to be honest has been struggling but has yet to let me down. Also a big thumbs

up to Mazda for quickclear windscreen, and heated seats. Though I'm not so sure about the traction control.

Got home this morning at 3AM, yes that was 14 hours for a 4 mile journey:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Blimey Dave, it's a good job they don't still have mechanical airbags, as in that situation, I think I would have deployed mine from repeatedly banging my head against the steering wheel.

Still, I expect you only managed to get through a fraction of your music collection in that time. :thumbsup:

Dave - I thought of you struggling through - the roads round your way were about the worst....I bet you could have walked it in less than 2 hours!! Sad thing is the roads are still not much better!!

We offered our 7 trucks and 1 JCB to help clear roads and the Council are still to get back to us !! If you need your car park cleared, then gies a PM

Blimey Dave, it's a good job they don't still have mechanical airbags, as in that situation, I think I would have deployed mine from repeatedly banging my head against the steering wheel.

Still, I expect you only managed to get through a fraction of your music collection in that time. :thumbsup:

Sadly I had my ears glued to local radio trying to get latest info rolleyes.gif

Dave - I thought of you struggling through - the roads round your way were about the worst....I bet you could have walked it in less than 2 hours!! Sad thing is the roads are still not much better!!

We offered our 7 trucks and 1 JCB to help clear roads and the Council are still to get back to us !! If you need your car park cleared, then gies a PM

Thanks for offer Bothy, by the time I read this we had hired a JCB to do the said job. But will bear in mind for future thumbsup.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links