Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen 3 Oil

henry#

Hi I'm new to this!

Could anyone tell me about the price of 0w/20 oil for prius gen 3, I took my gen 3 in for service asked what oil they were putting in my prius there answer was the correct oil for the car, I asked if it was 0w/20 they said they will put the correct grade in it, still did not get the answer i was looking for.This was its first service at Toyota dealer, could anyone tell me if £12.49 per litre of oil sounds correct for 0w/20 oil.

Hi I'm new to this!

Could anyone tell me about the price of 0w/20 oil for prius gen 3, I took my gen 3 in for service asked what oil they were putting in my prius there answer was the correct oil for the car, I asked if it was 0w/20 they said they will put the correct grade in it, still did not get the answer i was looking for.This was its first service at Toyota dealer, could anyone tell me if £12.49 per litre of oil sounds correct for 0w/20 oil.

Yes, that is around the right price for oil from Toyota. I have started buying my oil from Opie Oils. They are very good indeed, and are represented on this forum at Opie Oils.

I suggest that you register on their site as a member of Toyota Owners Club to get an additional 10% discount. The only suitable oil they do at present is Motul 8100 Eco-lite 0W-20. The members price for this is £45.88 (+ postage) for 5 litres. However, if you wait for one of the regular sales, you can get either free delivery or much reduced price. The last lot I bought was £ 31.24 +VAT + delivery (bought with 5 litres of 5W-30 for son's GenII, it still cost less than 5 litres of Toyota oil), and the previous 5 litres at £47.12 including delivery.

Fuel consumption is noticeably better this winter on the Motul oil than last year on Toyota oil. Although this might just reflect a well run in engine.

I think there is now a Mobil One 0W-20 available now. Sadly Shell don't yet do a Helix oil in this grade (and even worse recommend a 5W-30 for the gen III Prius).

Anyway, the Opie offering can save you around £20 per service, with oil that is at least as good as the Toyota offering.

Usual waiver. I have no connection with Opie, other than as a customer.

Final point. Don't use anything other than 0W-20. Anything else will cost you far more in reduced fuel consumption. If a dealer uses any other grade, insist they change it - this is unlikely now, as I think the message has finally got through.

Hi I agree with Ancient Nerd Opie Oils offered a first class service when supplying my 0w20 oil posted to me within 2 days .

You WILL notice if they use anything other than 0w20 in the gen3 Prius. You mpg's will drop by about 5 - 10 mpg and you'll struggle to get more than 55 mpg (whereas 65-70 mpg can be achieved normally in summer), the performance in power mode or when overtaking will be much flatter and the car will hesitate at junctions and roundabouts.

Don't accept anything other than 0w20 whatever stories they try telling you. If it's a main dealer they will have been repeatedly informed by Toyota UK to use 0w20 due to above reasons.

Let us all know how you get on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links