Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem With Book Lock Please Help

wiseyuk

Unfortunately my Toyota Yaris was vandalised a couple of days ago :-( !Removed! student protests!

The Boot window was smashed and has now been replaced, the problem is some of the glass has fallen into the lock and will not open.

i have removed the trimming inside the boot and tried to manually open it without any luck.

The bolts that hold the lock in are inaccessible as the boot is shut.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for you help.

Hmmm. I'm thinking, there must be a way to open it from inside, behind the trim.

If glass has dropped in to block something, the mechanism must be exposed behind the trim otherwise the glass wouldn't have dropped into it.

Have you tried to find where the glass is and used a vacuum hose on it? If something's blocking the mechanism, it won't open from the outside or inside until the thing that's blocking it is removed....

Failing that, I'd try Mr T. I think. If anyone understands how to open a Toyota lock from the inside, it'll be the dealer. If you've already removed the trim, they might even do it as a favour - if not, it can't be a long job, so they shouldn't charge you more than a tenner or so to pop it open....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links