Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looks And Comments

etihad

Just wondering how many of us Rolla people still get looks and comments on our cars? I get alot about my compressor surprisingly :yahoo: . Specially when it has to compare with the likes of Leon cupra R, Sirocco , ST's etc.

i get asked about my exhaust on a daily basis lol, other than that i actually prefer people not really knowing what my car is or what it's capable of...

Compliments always make my day lol, and as above mentioned no-one seems to know what car it is and that makes it all the more better

Last comment i had was from a work colleauge who i gave a lift to

"is it a diesel?"

He's walking next time...... laugh.gif

got to say i agree get lots of comments about the comp bout what a nice looking car and then they ask what is it .

even the sales men at where i work comment on how nice it is.

i don't get comments about the look of the car afterall mine diesel just looks like a standard car however when people in it they almost always comment how gutsy the engine is and most importantly for me how much more "substantial" this corolla is compared to the older toyota/jap cars which were lets face it like sitting in a tin of beans compared to their german rivals. the e12 is much smoother and quieter and even the thud of the doors is satisfying compared to the tinny clamour of previous models. they really did a good job with the e12 bar one or two niggles

dont get any comments but thats why i love the corolla

its under estimated :D...even the small 1.4 that i have, especially the power and speed compared to toher 1.4's

I do get the odd comments, it always gives people a shock at how hard she can go! and how awesome she sounds! Love it! Don't have many T-sports around here atall, everyone drives Civic typr-rs, Golf GTIs and the like. Nice to have something a little different. Everyone always says how comfortable the seats are aswell. haha!

A girl at Tesco who I vaguely know came up to me a few weeks back and said

"You must have the loudest sound system i've ever heard in a car."

I laughed because it's only 125w RMS! haha

only had one or two comments on the actually aesthetics of the car, and that's mainly from family.

rolla is still turning heads from where iam from, i get alot of compliments every week, from young and older people,

saying its a credit the way i keep it and that.

its comments like that that make it worth while.

oh and the classic, (which will ***** yous off) i get asked all the time, "is it s t-sport or something" :D :lol:

had a lot of comments about the noise .apparently when over taking the typhoon is well loud and can be heard from inside other cars.

rolla is still turning heads from where iam from, i get alot of compliments every week, from young and older people,

That's a good point actually.

Most 'rolla's i see out there are driven by the older generation.

mine was originally my Grandad's.

I can totally see why he loved it though, it feels dead sturdy on the road.

had a lot of comments about the noise .apparently when over taking the typhoon is well loud and can be heard from inside other cars.

that is definitely true, going to a meet few weeks ago and one of the lads was overtaking me and the roar from it was.... :drool: :drool:

Everybody at work is impressed with my compressor as mentioned before most people have CTR's or GTI's. Get quizzed on what it is and how it goes. Had a few positive's on the sound when I leave the car park aswell. :thumbsup:

I've got the are you a drug dealer quote at work before, I think it's do with black wheels and tints :eek:. Agreed though, if you do take car of a e12 rolla, and not over do it, they can look very nice!

I used to get alot of comments on my old Colour collection 1.4 rolla, pics of it in my gallery.

my car is not a rolla, it technically is and isnt, but i do get a lot of comments and it turns a lot of head wherever i go!

i had a guy come up to my in traffic lights to give me a thumbs up, and so did a guy in a kawasaki bike who rode up along side me on the motorway before blasting up the road! i get a lot of poeple thinking it is a skyline, silvia, camry (??), and curren, and they are always shocked to hear that it is only got a 1.6 engine in it. i swear that people are a lot 'nicer' when im driving the levin, i.e people tend to give way a lot sooner! i notice this as i sometimes drive my g/f almera where people is not as nice!

Get the odd passing driver having a chat and asking what it is. Mostly mates say how nice it is after seeing it several times too. I get most comments from Farhan every time I send pic so god help when I visit him!! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links