Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible New Prius Owner

sjrainsford

...... (perhaps us gen2 owners should have our own forum. :lol2: )

What? And join them fiendish Auris HSD upstarts? ;)

Thanks for the comments folks, you're all doing a good job of convincing me!

Just need to get christmas out the way with now so I can get a drive in one. I've fancied one for years as daft as it sounds. Glad they're ok on the motorway too, that makes me feel better. A relaxed drive is exactly what I want, I've got my classic Porsche for messing around in and that feels like you're doing 100mph at 60. My Jag is fairly comfortable and an excellent motorway cruiser, but it's just so damn expensive when it goes wrong and it goes wrong far more than any of my past Toyotas, so I've been spoiled really. Every time I've sold a Toyota to try something else, I've always ended up back with one!

And regarding the chat about torque etc, I don't mind most of that. I like free speech and to hear others opinion, just so long as it doesn't span too far from the main topic subject. So chat away folks!

Here's a good read, select from the contents on the left for sub menus for animations of how the drive works and all sorts of interesting stuff, it refers to an earlier model US Prius in many instances but in general it covers all models as far as the way the the Prius works and drives

http://prius.ecrostech.com/original/PriusFrames.htm

Thanks again everyone and for the link.

Had our test drive today and really liked it. Driving it will take some getting used to, but it didnt take long to relax into a prius style of driving. Ended up going for another dealer as they had the same model and colour as we were originally looking at, but they seemed to know what they were doing!

Ayway, the deposit is down and we collect it on Thursday! :yahoo:

Had our test drive today and really liked it. Driving it will take some getting used to, but it didnt take long to relax into a prius style of driving. Ended up going for another dealer as they had the same model and colour as we were originally looking at, but they seemed to know what they were doing!

Brilliant! Sure you will enjoy driving it... :thumbsup:

Congrats mate. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Picked it up this morning and have been running around in it for most of the day. Am really pleased with the way it drive. Am still getting to grips with it, but have managed to set most of it up to suit me. The JBL sound system isn't too bad either.

The only issue I had to overcome was transferring address book contacts from my iPhone to the car. This isn't supported with the iPhone, but have got round this by synchronising an older phone with my computer that my iPhone address book is synchronised with then using that to transfer my contacts to the car.

So all in all, it's all good!! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links