Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Semi Warmed Up ,noise At Idle

forevered

only happened a few times, when engine only semi warmed up every now and again ive had a rattle at idle (may have only happened in the extreme cold weather)sounds like timing chain to me.petrol 1.6 engine 29k 2 and half years old.

anybody else had this ?

Difficult to diagnose a noise over the internet, but a rattle could be either the clutch, timing chain tensioner, etc etc... is it a cha-cha-cha-cha noise? only when the car is in nuetral with the clutch pedal released?

having to think about that,think its when stationary in nuetral, clutch pedal released.think its the timing chain tentioner

its only done it a handfull of times,not worth taking to MRt as sods law says it wouldnt do it

under warranty until middle of june so will just leave it for now :unsure:

...think its the timing chain tentioner...

that's right, the noise is made by the chain, especially when you start the engine in cold mornings, when the oil pressure inside tensioner has not reached nominal value at that time, but after a while when you speed up the engine the chain will be tensioned and the noise dissapears; so, this is not a problem...

to be honest, to here it i have to put my ear down towards the gear lever, with radio off,and no outside noise

thanks for help :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links