Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Broken At The Weld

Wh1teLeopard

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but thought I'd ask.

(Been away for a long time)

I've already signed up to part-ex my Aygo for a white Aygo Go! but it still doesn't change the fact I need to sort the exhaust out before hand over

:angry:

My 47,000 mile, 2.5 year old Aygo has just departed it's exhaust. It's a clean break at the weld into the back box from the mid section. There was a rattle before, which I wish I'd acted upon, but looking at the design does anyone else think there is a design flaw with the early Aygo's where the exhaust rocks stressing the weld?

So my questions are:

1) Is this a common problem?

2) Am I right in believing this should be covered in the warranty?

3) If this is a common problem with the early ones has it been sorted in the new ones?

Thanks in advance

*edit - never mind I just found this one:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109558

Sorry everyone

Worth asking on the warranty question i would think. Whether it is covered or not i dont know, but ask!

:thumbsup:

Some pics of your white 'go' would be welcome when you get it too....

Good luck.

White will be a right mare to keep clean!!!!!!!

Tell me about it!! Look at my Prius :thumbsup:

Thank you for the replies, I will get some pictures up as soon as 'Alex' arrives (apparently the guy in the dealership messed up the details on the style pack, so that's delayed it a little).

We rang our Toyota dealership in Tamworth yesterday and explained to the receptionist what happened, she put us through to another department that never answered the phone. About an hour later we had a call back saying a new exhaust had been ordered and could we bring it in Tuesday.

So seems they are covered under the warranty, and no fuss so far

My '07's exhaust went shortly before it's 3 year service and MOT were due, to my surprise it was covered under warranty which saved me £220 :thumbsup:

White will be a right mare to keep clean!!!!!!!

Believe me, keeping black car clean is even worse :crybaby:

Been there done that, before my blue gen2 Prius i had a black avensis.... Glutton for punishment me.... :crybaby:

Just wanted to say, drove 'Aaron' (as he is known) into the dealership today (not literally) and within 45 mins we were off again, with no rattles and no more embarrassing farty noises up the hills hehe

Customer service was excellent, they gave me a lovely cup of hot chocolate, and the service guy chatted me up a little, which made me feel special hehe so all in all an excellent experience.

Just waiting for our new Aygo to arrive now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but thought I'd ask.

(Been away for a long time)

I've already signed up to part-ex my Aygo for a white Aygo Go! but it still doesn't change the fact I need to sort the exhaust out before hand over

:angry:

My 47,000 mile, 2.5 year old Aygo has just departed it's exhaust. It's a clean break at the weld into the back box from the mid section. There was a rattle before, which I wish I'd acted upon, but looking at the design does anyone else think there is a design flaw with the early Aygo's where the exhaust rocks stressing the weld?

So my questions are:

1) Is this a common problem?

2) Am I right in believing this should be covered in the warranty?

3) If this is a common problem with the early ones has it been sorted in the new ones?

Thanks in advance

*edit - never mind I just found this one:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109558

Sorry everyone

just in interest were the exhaust welds rusty, i have painted all my exhaust welds on the entire exhaust system and will do so every year they were covered in rust and corroding at some rate this may slow the process down.

There was a slight amount of surface rust, but nothing heavily corrosive. I think the way the exhaust is held on by the mounts being one at the pipe into the back box and one on the other end of the back box adds stress to the weld that over time just pulls it apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up a post from page 3, but found this on thereifixedit.com and the memories just came flooding back

3db01347-4d3d-47ee-95bd-0a7557c6b636.jpg

Only difference was, I didn't have any string :crybaby: I had to pull mine off

That picture is just plain stupid, as the pipe from the front comes in at the left.

All they had to do was unhook the silencer from the lefthand mounting rubber and toss it in the back..

That picture is just plain stupid, as the pipe from the front comes in at the left.

All they had to do was unhook the silencer from the lefthand mounting rubber and toss it in the back..

That's what we did, except we had to cut the rubber because we couldn't get it off no matter how hard we tried (it's harder when the car isn't on a ramp).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links