Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Referees Bend Over Backwards

balli hi

My own local supply league took this stance long before it became cool to do so, every dressing room and club MUST have posters in place displaying the leagues view of foul, abusive and insultint language. It was enforced strictly to start with, dozens of people being sent off, however, Referees promotion is based on a selection of club marks and it didnt take long before clubs marked down Referees for doing a proper job! The same rules apply today, however a more prudent approach has been adopted, a player blasting a ball over the bar from 6 yards out (yes amateurs do it as well) is allowed some leaway in the frustration of the moment, however anybody effing and jeffing in your face should be dealt with in the correct manner, sent off!

Premier league players owe it to their fans and supporters to behave on the pitch, they are seen by millions every week, and youngsters copy their actions, if we saw a few more red cards for abusive language, it would be a whole lot easier to enforce in the lower leagues

Kingo :thumbsup:

So the furore over Andy Gray and Richard Keys comments over the Female Assistant Referee rumbles on today , and on the back of all the exposé the FA have revealed that the amount of women signing up to become Referees has gone up ten fold ( as quoted on Talksport Radio )personally i think that the press have gone over the top as usual , its not as if the comments were made deliberately over the air it was a private conversation between the two men or so they thought, they were off air albeit their microphones were still switched on , the comments were recorded and smuggled out by a Sky employee then placed on Youtube , i'm not saying i agree with their comments but its a free country and everyone is entitled to their view , my view is if women can do the job then why not , if anything it might help to clear up foul language aimed at officials, sometimes when a player disagrees with a decision he can be seen delivering a foul mouthed volley at the official concerned , however a player would think twice if that official happened to be a female and probably keep it zipped and i'm not talking about his fies , the problems i do see and i know will happen is when the female assistant is running the line she will be met by a load of lurid abuse from the crowd , i.e get your !Removed! out for the lads and do you take it up the A--e , she'll have to be pretty focused for the full 90 plus minutes and not let it affect her otherwise she will make mistakes and get decisions wrong .

Will they be able to handle non stop lurid abuse and stay totally focused not let it affect them at all for the entire game ? .

• 1 month later...

If ever we needed proof that Referees are making decisions that favour Manchester Utd , the James Mcarthy wayne Rooney incident says it all , the Ref even gave Rooney a reasuring cuddle after awarding Wigan a free kick over the incident, it beggars belief really, then the furore that follows see's the FA take no further action :blink: , its one Law for Utd and a different one for the rest , i rest my case :censor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDVOot09XwY

Nothing to with with Man U but all to do with the FA being toothless. It is a disgrace!

If a Police Officer saw me do that to another person I would be accompanied to Bow Street to face the consequences.

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links