Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Prius Annoyances And Quirks

sjrainsford

After almost 6 weeks with the car I have now got more used to it, and a lot of the initial niggles seem to be disappearing. I haven't yet discovered the wonders of voice control or the wizardry of self-parking which look from the complicated descriptions in the handbook as though I will need a lot of time and a large, empty car park before I dare try them. (Thinking about it though, the only way to try parking between cars is to have cars to park between - scary)

The main annoyance I have is the lack of storage space inside. When the new car arrived I started emptying the pockets in the old one and moving things across to the Prius (after deciding that I really didn't need half of what had found its way into the car). Real problems came when I tried to put the umbrella that used to be stored in the rear door pocket into the non-existent pocket in the Prius. Same problem happened trying to get the handbook, maps and security jackets (compulsory in France) into the thin pockets behind the seats. So, the handbook is in the boot and the umbrella and torch are rolling around in the rear footwell.

I agree with DrCez’ point that the ‘P’ button would be more logical as part of the shift lever instead of being a separate button. Having pressed the button when I stop in traffic my instinct is to press it again to release it.

I agree with DrCez’ point that the ‘P’ button would be more logical as part of the shift lever instead of being a separate button. Having pressed the button when I stop in traffic my instinct is to press it again to release it.

When i had the test drive of my gen2 a few years ago, i did exactly that, at road works in the centre of town, it didnt occur to me to put it in d to take it out of p! I sat there for 3 cycles of the traffic lughts, lots of hooting behind me until somehow i managed to get the car going again, purely by accident i might add, so yes, on the shift switch would be a more logical place for the p button! :thumbsup:

Umbrella, in the boot - full size one fits perfectly at the back of the boot.

Torch, in the top glovebox on top of a yellow duster

Handbook in the lower boot with the exception of satnav bible, which goes in the lower glovebox with maps.

Had my Gen3 T-Spirit since late October: Best car I've owned however most of the gripes have been addressed by others:

- Crap headlights

- Door mirrors that don't retract

- Plasticky feel throughout

- Illuminated glove boxes would be good

- iPod connectivity should be called iPod con. I paid extra for this and it's so limited that it's worthless...

Those moans aside, the car is superb!

Mark

Where do the gloves go? ;)

On the end of your arms you fool, where your handies are :yahoo:

I'd better not start posting in this thread as I'll crash the servers with my long list of gripes and annoyances. Drive train and space is pretty spot on as are the LED Headlights, the rest of the vehicle well lets not go there not worth the money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links